night time (dialup killer)

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
While y'all were watching reruns on TV lst night I was out takin' pics. ;)

First we have the hotel reflected in the river.
hotel_refl.jpg

Then we have the bridge before the tourist lights got turned on.
becalmed.jpg

And the bridge with the purty lights.
bridge_light01.jpg

And finally, part of the port facilities reflected in the water.
night_lt.jpg

All in all I'm pleased with the effort, though I'm still learning how the Pentax reacts to new situations. These could be better, but I'll take them as a first effort.

Very nice shots, Bug! Taken with the ist*D I assume?

Surprisingly little noise for digital at night! Any special techniques?

Nice work. I will second the motion of very little noise. Personally I think Bridge Alight is the strongest of the lot. The subject is well lit, and seems a little more original.

Nobody sits home on a Friday night!!!

Yes, these were taken with the *istD & Tamron 28-75.

re: noise: nothing special here. I was playing around with ISO settings while shooting these. Any one of these could be at 200, 400 or 800. I didn't really look when I was post processing them.

The *istD seems to do very well re: noise at higher ISO settings. There is some color blotching on most of these at full res, but I don't know what you do about that?

Thanks for looking & the comments. :)

Your second one does it for me. I like the composition and the reflection off the water. Good work bug.

Thanks Harpper & c0ntr0lz for the comments.

re: sharpness- I didn't sharpen these after I resized them, so they probably did lose a little sharpness. They look pretty good printed out though. :)

ahuguley- the second seems to be the fave around here too.

Just a guess on c0ntr0lz shot- probably just the fluorescent light and the WB setting he used. Notice the green in a couple of hte bridge shots I did. Those were shot with auto WB setting.

Very nice! And yes, you were being more productive than I was, that's for sure! :wink:

I like your bridge shots the best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back