The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While the general image of Bangkok is of a party town where lissome women in flowing dresses and high heels hang around night clubs, the reality is that for every lovely female there are probably 10 or 20 very hard working people who work long hours for little money at soul-killing jobs and go home in the middle of the night on hot, packed buses.

upload_2019-7-10_18-30-47.png

Love your street photography. Post more please!

Very evocative night street shot.

I think that popular image of Bangkok with exotic girls in long gowns is a tiny and reducing percent of the population.

Many of the traditional hostess bars have closed as the profile of foreign visitors has shifted to Chinese and Indian tour groups, and the older European and US party people have mosty settled down with their favourite girl and moved to the countryside.

But yes, the life for working people in Bangkok is tough, and commuting is challenging and can eat almost half of a person's salary if they use the modern air conditioned options.

Focus seems to be best on the lattice behind the woman. Image could be improved by having the woman in sharper focus.

Focus seems to be best on the lattice behind the woman. Image could be improved by having the woman in sharper focus.

In my view the lack of sharpness probably adds more to this scene than it takes away.

Most reactions

Back