hai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nightlifextion.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks,
This is my first post and hope my photos are ok here. I do nightclub photography and my approach is candid&artistic. I love capturing the moment of action. Hope you guys enjoy these.

Hai

Halloween3.jpg

Halloween5.jpg

ClubPic2.jpg

ClubPic3.jpg

February02.jpg

March03.jpg

February02a.jpg

http://NightlifeXtion.com

Last edited:
Ahhh memmory lane. I like your shots, but in the first three the women look a little too gold.

I love the shots. How are you getting that look? If filters, which ones?

What are your settings you use to capture the motion blur?

cool shots but I agree, the orangish tint does nothing for me

ooo, some tough customers here :lol:
but thanks for the warm welcome :no smile:

it's a small club, low ceiling and a lot of lights so I'm shooting at iso 800, f5, 1/5s(except for the dj which was 1/3s). no special filters except for UV. tanning makes some people turn orange and some golden.

cool shots but I agree, the orangish tint does nothing for me

ooo, some tough customers here :lol:
but thanks for the warm welcome :no smile:

it's a small club, low ceiling and a lot of lights so I'm shooting at iso 800, f5, 1/5s(except for the dj which was 1/3s). no special filters except for UV. tanning makes some people turn orange and some golden.

Get used to the mediocre personal opinions everyone has on here. Your pictures are sweet.

So to make it clear...you just used the club lights. Do you have any pictures with flash. I'd be curious to see a strobe bounced off that low ceiling.

Edit: looks like you def used flash.

Get used to the mediocre personal opinions everyone has on here.

hmmmmm.... you're saying we all have average opinions? That makes no sense.
So your opinions are the only ones with merit?

I'd love to know what you did in post-processing to get that effect

hai, I do like your shots. Not sure about the artistic side you are mentionning, but I definatly get a feel for the images and the people in them.

The goldish colour of the people could be a mix of so many things, skin colour and yellowish lights. But they do look more than just tanned.

I think #1 and #3 are my fave of the set. I like how they are framed. I like the tilt in #1 and I really like the body lines and angles (mainly the arm up top) in #3.

#2 is not bad, but I feel it should of been shot a bit wider as her head is close to the side of the frame making it feel tight for me. Just my opinion, might of been what you were going for.

In #4, I love the movement of the hair, but I really really do not like the armpit. Its the first thing I saw and its what catches my eye.

The DJ shot is cool. As well as the last two shots are, but I find them with less emotion or drama as you have in the first few images. While they are well shot, I don't get the funky vibe I got in the first few.

Can't wait to see more of your work.

I love the energy and movement that you got with the pictures, they give off a perfect "nightclub" sort of feeling.

#3, thats cross is ironic. She's good lookin'

Nice pictures. Would have ben nice to have the cup in 7 in focus. I still like them all, though

~Michael~

Get used to the mediocre personal opinions everyone has on here.

hmmmmm.... you're saying we all have average opinions? That makes no sense.
So your opinions are the only ones with merit?

Get used to the mediocre personal opinions everyone has on here. Your pictures are sweet.

Great comment there. I'm sure you made a bunch of people's **** lists, including mine

whoa there anxiety twins.... What I meant is, that for the most part... I "feel" that most people go beyond constructive criticism and just start pointing out things that really are just nit picking in my opinion. As if they felt the need to find a flaw in the picture and add it to their post.

You think the chick looks too much like Buddha...that's fine, I don't see how that will help, being that its probably just the club strobe lights or the 4 hours they spent frying their fake tittays in a salon. But that comment, although perfectly fine, reminded me of other stuff I've seen which is just retarded, therefore....making me post what i posted. :)

As far as the **** list... I hope I'm on the top. I'm here to learn not make friends. But I digress,[/sarcasm] and honestly hope I didn't offend anyone with such racy accusations that I used in my post [/sarcasm]

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back