Nightshot - Motorway & Chevrons

Hades

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In the UK there is a new method of motorway driving - its called Chevron Spacing

The idea is that chevrons are painted on the motorway surface and you have to keep at least two chevrons apart.

I wanted to capture this at night, highlighting the chevrons, highlighting the car lights spaced apart (which was hard in itself because not many people obey the order! :lol:) and also trying to capture a bit of something - such as the sun setting!

Heres the result:

chevrons.jpg

cheers AJ - to be honest, I wanted the sign in on the picture 'cos not many people would understand it - even in the UK! :D

Oh, I do like that. Don't like the chevrons mind - they're hypnotic when you're driving over them! Luckily I don't drive but they always get my attention rather than the other traffic...

No- erm yes, erm, no.... well, yes, this is a very good capture of the idea of "chevron spacing" and no, don't crop out that blue sign for I NEEDED that to get the whole idea of what a "chevron" is in the first place (used to be just the brand name for a filling station to me so far.... :roll: ), and consequently get the idea of all this chevron spacing. I was over to England only 2 1/2 weeks ago (why on earth have I been there??????? Was it a TPF meet-up or so ;););) ?????) but can't say I noticed anything of the kind on the M11....

Many thanks everybody for your comments :)

LaFoto - not sure there are any Chevrons on the M11 at the moment - but no doubt there will be soon enough (I only know of them on the M6, M56 and M62 just now).

Most reactions

Back