What's new

Nightshot - Motorway & Chevrons

Hades

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
In the UK there is a new method of motorway driving - its called Chevron Spacing

The idea is that chevrons are painted on the motorway surface and you have to keep at least two chevrons apart.

I wanted to capture this at night, highlighting the chevrons, highlighting the car lights spaced apart (which was hard in itself because not many people obey the order! :lol:) and also trying to capture a bit of something - such as the sun setting!

Heres the result:

chevrons.jpg
 
cheers AJ - to be honest, I wanted the sign in on the picture 'cos not many people would understand it - even in the UK! :D
 
Oh, I do like that. Don't like the chevrons mind - they're hypnotic when you're driving over them! Luckily I don't drive but they always get my attention rather than the other traffic...
 
I love how the car lights mimic the solours in the sky! Very nice capture. :)
 
No- erm yes, erm, no.... well, yes, this is a very good capture of the idea of "chevron spacing" and no, don't crop out that blue sign for I NEEDED that to get the whole idea of what a "chevron" is in the first place (used to be just the brand name for a filling station to me so far.... :roll: ), and consequently get the idea of all this chevron spacing. I was over to England only 2 1/2 weeks ago (why on earth have I been there??????? Was it a TPF meet-up or so ;););) ?????) but can't say I noticed anything of the kind on the M11....
 
Cooool =)
Very good idea, and you finished it very good too =D
 
Many thanks everybody for your comments :)

LaFoto - not sure there are any Chevrons on the M11 at the moment - but no doubt there will be soon enough (I only know of them on the M6, M56 and M62 just now).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom