What's new

Nighttime, Moody, OCF for C&C

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
49
Location
Arkansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
School has been pretty stressful lately so I talked my son into posing for me. I wanted to try and capture some ambient light while using my OCF. I wanted to convey a moody, dark feeling. Almost as if he is stalking someone's house, about to rob them. Advice?

1218815910_fhPnq-XL.jpg
 
Fun..

I think it would look better if he was on the left side of the frame.
 
I can't decide if the yellow light is a candle between the camera and the subject or a street light down the block.
 
cool image... he could have used some props too, like a knife or a pair of binoculars :lmao:
 
If he's supposed to be looking at a house, then the light should be coming from that direction.
 
I agree about him being on the opposite side of the frame but I wouldn't have been able to incooperate the streetlight like I wanted to do. I kinda wanted it to appear as I he was hiding by the light of the street lamp.
 
Concept is wonderful; you are nearly successful too; Gani's suggestion works; but you explainrd situation. In spite of your intention, the innocence in the face of your son, defies his acting as a thief. Actually you could have left the viewers to think what he was up to. Then every body can have suitable interpretation conducive to what they find on his face.
 
Thanks for the comments guys. I was also wanting to try out some wide angle portraiture. I wish I would have went wider.
 
What time of night did you shoot this at Eric? Its a good concept.
 
830ish if I remember correctly.
 
Here is another version that I edited. I went a little wider on this one.
1224324875_FtHWf-XL.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom