What's new

Nike 6.0 Practice Shot

RealityCheck

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
38
Reaction score
7
Location
New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a window so there is more light from the left side. I enhanced that source a bit brighter.


$shoess.webp
 
:lol: What camera you've got ? What did you practice ? Manual exposure ? Proper colour balance ? The composition ? Or was it to show your mum, that you always leave the shoes in good order ?
Let start with the reddish cast you have in your picture. It is so much of it, that the carpet in the right lower corner has strongly altered colour (plus cast over there is in forms of almost solid semi rings - very strange). So much about colour balance, is not there.
Why did you enhanced brightness on the left side (from the window ?) of the pic ?
Compo. I like to think you thought about the composition. There is some order in the frame but IMO you dedicated the whole 40% to nothing. Not only it is an empty stretch of good but boring and nothing special floor, it is also, thanks to your brightening operation, washed out piece of floor. Nevertheless in this way the whole compo is not in balance, right side is very heavy. Since you OK with edits maybe square cut will be little better ?$B_shoess.webp
Maybe is a bit claustrophobic but also much more intense with no distraction.;)
 
I think in the original photo the rug on the right is a distraction and agree with timor that the floor on the left of the frame is wasted space. Looking forward to your answers to timor's questions.
 
It was really because I haven't used my camera in a while, and wanted to practice with light source/shadows. Originally, the wood was washed out. I made it so the contrast was more in depth, but while toning down the brightness so it doesn't create a washed out look. I could've taken out the rug but never bothered too. This wasn't a 100% test my skill shot at all. Just a whatever thing. There is no purpose to it. I was hoping to give it a somewhat "vintage" gradient to it.
 
:lol: We took you seriously.
Next time post such a pics in "Just For Fun" gallery.
 
:lol: We took you seriously.
Next time post such a pics in "Just For Fun" gallery.

I don't come on this forum often, and never noticed there was one. My apologies!
 
No problem, just misunderstanding. :D
 
Hey when you make a critique to someone it does not mean to make fun of him and laugh at his shots !!!!!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom