Nikkor 16-85 vr review.

If they're going after the 17-85IS.... I love my 17-85. The slowness is an issue sometimes, but you can't beat the range, and it's fairly sharp.

However, you can get one new for $450. Nikon has made a lot of smart moves lately. This sure doesn't seem like one of them.

It is plastic, expensive and slow.

Somebody please explain to me why Nikon even introduced this lens?

Because these traits appear to be desirable. Market research has shown that there were plenty of nubs out there who bought the 18-200mm. Clearly the market has spoken. Photography hasn't been about quality for a long time now.

I would recommend this as a first lens or build quality allowing over the 18-200.

Because these traits appear to be desirable. Market research has shown that there were plenty of nubs out there who bought the 18-200mm. Clearly the market has spoken. Photography hasn't been about quality for a long time now.

I would recommend this as a first lens or build quality allowing over the 18-200.

So is this lens is actually better than the 18-200 as far as the built quality or the IQ is concern?

So is this lens is actually better than the 18-200 as far as the built quality or the IQ is concern?

Build is the same, the 16-85 is tighter though.

Well the design is similar but I have so far only read one review which has said that the build quality is along the lines of the 18-70mm meaning less wobble and no creep. The lens hasn't been out long enough to get some decent technical reviews yet.

A photozone.de review. So the cat's out of the bad. Distortion wise it's a leap and bound above the 18-200. And it is very sharp over the range.

Pity about the Bokeh test shots, and the high CA.

Most reactions

Back