Nikkor 43-86

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot a few images with it last night (Nikkor 43-86). It's not a stellar lens by any means but it has an unusual character to it. If your close enough, it can be somewhat sharp. If your far enough away, it loses a lot but in a way that I like. F, SB15, TriX, D76 Stock

1. poo
F4386 (1).jpg

2. the band
F4386 (2).jpg

wow. thats a pretty obscure lens. i haven't seen one in a loooong time. always cool to see stuff like that still being used. is it the Ai version? its f3.5 right?
a friend of mine had this lens years ago, but i dont remember ever using it myself.

wow. thats a pretty obscure lens. i haven't seen one in a loooong time. always cool to see stuff like that still being used. is it the Ai version? its f3.5 right?
a friend of mine had this lens years ago, but i dont remember ever using it myself.
Yes and no, it's an AIS the last version made, think I got it for free or maybe 12.00 shipped. I may pickup an original version, they're like $5.00. Absolutely horrible on my Fuji, adapted.

Nice, the band is for me though.....
Thanks Jeff, they are a lot of fun. Silly girls. My grand daughter (guitar) is very musically inclined. She is going to have a beautiful voice.

When Gary was shooting news, a photog came in with the 43-86 ... we all thought it was a dog and we kept to our primes. How are you using your flash, (bouncing off the ceiling, a wall, a card, a hand, a what)? Your subjects are a bit too flat for my tastes. (WHAT is she holding in #1? I hope it's a pretzel.)

When Gary was shooting news, a photog came in with the 43-86 ... we all thought it was a dog and we kept to our primes. How are you using your flash, (bouncing off the ceiling, a wall, a card, a hand, a what)? Your subjects are a bit too flat for my tastes. (WHAT is she holding in #1? I hope it's a pretzel.)
Yeah, flat. Couldn't figure it out in post so I left it alone. I angled the little strobe straight up and taped a business card to the back side. I was a little dissatisfied with both rolls. The family loved them so not all is lost. She's holding poo, lol. She loves farts and poo. Of course, I am the king of those things. I made her pee her pants, laughing so hard, I farted Mary had a little lamb. She asks me to do it all the time but I need beans, milk, or Burritos

Sometimes ... there is just too much info ... I'm not saying that this is one of those times ... but sometimes there is ... lol

Can you do this ... :icon_pissedoff: ?

PS- Not many can fart and carry a tune at the same time.

Sometimes ... there is just too much info ... I'm not saying that this is one of those times ... but sometimes there is ... lol

Can you do this ... :icon_pissedoff: ?

PS- Not many can fart and carry a tune at the same time.
I'm a man of many talents lol

I've read about it... never seen or used one. Very cool.
It's probably the best built lens I own. Solid, all metal, smooth. Sharpness is not one of its strong points, just the build. I use it just to drive Gary a little insane.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back