Nikkor 80-200mm 2.8 ED vs. 70-200mm 2.8 VR I

I think you should pull the trigger in the 80-200. I am probably going to be keeping the 70-200 for a while so I can thoroughly test it out. And besides, at that price you could probably turn a little profit if you decided to sell.

I think you should pull the trigger in the 80-200. I am probably going to be keeping the 70-200 for a while so I can thoroughly test it out. And besides, at that price you could probably turn a little profit if you decided to sell.

I appreciate it Eric. I will more than likely work out the payment for the 80-200. Seeing that it is local on CL, the seller wants cash. I was wanting to use my credit card- bc i havent gotten my tax refund yet. Hopefully they will be kind enough to allow me to use PayPal.

Last edited:
That seems to be a very good price for the 80 -200mm. I have been going back and forth between the same 2 lenses and have just pulled the trigger on a used 70 200 vr1.

I honestly don't think there is a bad choice to be made between them. The only reason I justified the additional money on the 70 200 vr1 is the sale 2 other lenses plus my p&s camera.

$700 is a fair price for the two ring version. I'd probably pinch pennies and buy the single ring, push-pull, version for $500 or less--not much difference between the two.

I've also seen the AF-S version of this lens sell for as low as $850, but they're hard to come by.

Optically you won't be disappointed in any 80-200mm f2.8; heck, a lot of people claim their better then the VR1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back