Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8

Nikon_Josh said:
I think the 35 1.8 is getting a bit of a bad rap here in some respects. Admittedly it has CA, but it has many more Pros than cons in my mind. Specially the fact it is so cheap, the price/performance ratio is stunning and that is why the lens has sold in the bucketloads.

If you are a basic photographer, the 35 1.8 will serve you extremely well. I'm not sure about the comment saying 'it is not the sharpest lens ever', if there is one thing the lens is rated highly for it's sharpness. It is meant to be sharp from wide open which is actually fairly unusual for many fast prime lenses, photozone.de backs this up and it is very reliable source of information. Nikkor AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8 G - Review / Test Report - Sample Images & Verdict

I agree with this - for the price, it is great.

i picked it up last year for my D3000 and i use it probalby 90% of the time. its definatly allot sharper then the kit lenses and so much better in low light compared to the kit lens. if your on a tight budget id say its a great lens. i use it on car shots as well. i haven't regretted purchasing mine at all.

here is my flickr Flickr: Sndsgood's Photostream id say the majority of those pics were done with the 35mm and allot of the low light ones. im sure there are allot better examples out there. the night and shots from the streetlife tour i trash , but it was dark out and i was hand holding so thats why they suck. and the drifting ones arent that hot either trying to shoot from the stands thru a fence.

I own it too and I love it. It's extremely lightweight which is helpful and I have found it to be sharp too. I have not noticed any CA with this lens.

Great! Thanks so much everyone for the feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back