What's new

Nikon 14-24 ƒ2.8 Like New In Box

Lockdownx99

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 9, 2011
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Panhandle O' Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have for sale a Brand new Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 that i just bought 3 weeks ago. its been used for maybe 30 shots. Its been Kept in its Protective case that it comes in inside the box since i opened it. I never even got to set aside the time to go out of my living room and try it out. I am selling because im getting a divorce (which came from left field) and owning a lens of this caliber as an amateur/hobbyist just doesnt make too much sense now that i have to cut some debt. Its in brand new condition. not even a speck of lent on the lens. Im asking $2000 shipped. It has not been registered yet with nikon. If you are interested in purchasing this lens, please consider taking mine as im just in a bind to get out from under it. thanks.

Im in the pan handle of florida if you wanna pick it up. ill take a little off the price since i wouldnt have to ship. thanks for the time. Ill post up pics in just a few but of course you should know what it looks like.
 
Oh man I'm so sorry. Not only having to let go of such a beautiful lens, but your personal situation(s) too. GLWS.

If you need the money quickly I'd suggest Fred Miranda.
 
never heard of fred miranda but ill give it a look. thanks for the kind words and im sure everything will turn out fine. Life cannot be truly lived unless you balance the ups with the downs. some far more extreme then others but hey, everyone survives! thanks again guys.
 
Hate to break it to you, bud. But you're looking at probably $1800-$1850 max for your lens. That's if you're lucky. The one I bought in May was absolutely mint and I paid $1650 for it on Fred Miranda.
 
is it a hobby of yours to troll the classifieds and tell people where they can get it cheaper?
 
is it a hobby of yours to troll the classifieds and tell people where they can get it cheaper?

James was just being honest with you! To be truthful, most people who would even consider buying that lens would already know what it is worth! I can guarantee you the people who shop Fred Miranda will know what it is worth. Maybe you should Ebay it.. maybe you will get lucky! As a reference in pricing.. here you go:

Amazon.com: Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom Lens: Camera & Photo (New Pricing)

A completed listing search on "Nikon 14-24" on Ebay:
nikon 14-24 | eBay

If you hadn't been rude to James, I wouldn't have posted these prices for people to see. But you DO need to know what it is actually worth anyway. If you paid more than $2K for it new, you got screwed!
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
He was only telling you that average selling prices on used 14-24 lenses, whether one month or one year old is only about $1800 to $1850. He wasn't trolling, and I know that you're probably going through a hard time, but that was an , harsh response.
 
Last edited:
Hate to break it to you, bud. But you're looking at probably $1800-$1850 max for your lens. That's if you're lucky. The one I bought in May was absolutely mint and I paid $1650 for it on Fred Miranda.

More like $1600-1700! ;)
 
Lockdownx99 said:
is it a hobby of yours to troll the classifieds and tell people where they can get it cheaper?

My post was not trolling, and it wasn't "price policing" as Keith suggested to me in his private message. I want people to have a positive, expedient selling experience. As the lens is available brand new for less than $2k.....

I apologize if you don't appreciate me pointing out reality. I'm just trying to help.

And so is Charlie, and anyone else who's commented here.

Would you rather have your listing sit here with no bites for several days because you've priced it incorrectly, or would you rather have a quick and easy sale at a price you can live with? I recently sold my D700 for $125 less than what I wanted for it...after it sat on here for more than two weeks. I'm sure you'd like to avoid a similar experience.

Good luck with your sale.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
i appreciate everyones posts but if i decide not to adjust, thats my fault if it doesnt sell. ill entertain offers but you gotta start somewhere. i didnt say my price was firm. i merely started at the same price a new one would go for because my in is pristine fresh out of the box condition. its still considered used and im aware of the averages. hell, my local camera shot quoted me $2299 when i was looking to buy a few weeks ago. their loss if they dont sell, and im aware of the risks and effects of a sale. thanks.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom