Nikon 18-140mm vs 18-200mm and more

Azile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been on here for quite a bit. I originally thought I was getting the Nikon D5300, but I ended up with the Nikon D5500. It's a good camera. I have to get used to it because I am still more used to the D80's layout. So far, it's been pretty good to me, but I'm having some difficulty with focusing. I think I still am just learning how to control the various priority modes and what the best ratios are.

Meanwhile, I still have that Nikon 18-135mm lens. I'm so ready to move on from that. I decided to keep the 70-300 VR lens and I sold the 55-300mm lens. I am about to sell the D80. So now that I'm selling the 18-135mm I still have the question of what to replace it with. I know the 18-140 is a similar zoom, but I heard it gives a better image than the old one I have. I like sharp pictures. I heard that lens is good with that. But what about the 18-200mm? What's the difference? Is one a better quality? Is the 18-200mm too close to the 70-300mm? I don't want to be redundant.

Also I found (did not buy) a wide angle lens. Anyone have an opinion on the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM ELD SLD Aspherical Super Wide Angle Lens? I am still am amateur photographer, and I don't know what all those abbreviations mean, but I really want to learn how to correctly do some of the wide angled shots. I guess being an art studio major in college (while I was young) and wanting to experiment isn't a surprise. Are there any other suggestions on a good ultra or super wide angle lens for the D5500? VR would be helpful, but I don't know if that is even available for an ultra/super wide angle lens. I have a couple of tripods (big and small) I can use, but I prefer to be spontaneous.

The 18-140 is more recent, and you already have 70-300 covered, so it would give you less "overlap".

Most reactions

Back