incolorinred
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Nov 11, 2008
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I am currently in the market for a fast prime lens for my D50 and I have honed in on Nikon's 50mm f1.4D, f1.8D lenses as candidates. I have read numerous user reviews for both and have basically come away with the impression that they are both similar with the exception that the 1.4D lens provides better performance in very low light conditions, slightly better contrast and Bokeh effect, and a larger depth of field. I am leaning towards the f1.4D because these slight advantages seem very appealing to me. I was wondering what all of you thought about this matter and how these two lenses compare. Please comment.
Also, I have read announcements about the new 50mm f1.4G AF-S that is due out at the end of the year and supposedly it is a improvement over the 1.4D in many areas and reduces flare distortion and has better chromatic properties. If you were in my spot, which one of the three would you lean toward and why?
I appreciate any responses.
Thanks,
Nick
Also, I have read announcements about the new 50mm f1.4G AF-S that is due out at the end of the year and supposedly it is a improvement over the 1.4D in many areas and reduces flare distortion and has better chromatic properties. If you were in my spot, which one of the three would you lean toward and why?
I appreciate any responses.
Thanks,
Nick