Nikon 70-200 2.8 bracket?

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone help me out here please? What is this bracket they are talking about on the Nikon 70-200 2.8? And do you think this is a good deal. I was trying to find the Sigma 70-200 2.8 but can only find the macro version. Anyone know who is carrying the non-macro version?

Without Bracket: $739 with excellent rating
1986 Nikon 80-200 2.8 Ed Afd Lens W/o Bracket

With Bracket: $849 with very good rating
1986G Nikon 80-200 2.8 Ed Af-d W/bracket *77

Thanks for the help!!

What makes you want the non macro version? That one is older I believe. I am saving up for the sigma 70-200mm HSM II which does have a macro feature.

I just got a photography internship (advice given from this forum) and will be a second shooter and assistant to a local photographer. I'll be helping with weddings, maternity, seniors, and family portraits. I wanted an all around lens that will help me keep up with the different environments.

Yeah, I'm an idiot :lmao:. I did think that until I continued reading more reviews. Thanks for pointing me towards the light Dark.
This is the one I just added to my cart which along with a D90!!!

I went to the local shop trying to support the local businesses and they didn't have either. And if they did they were asking $899 for the body and $800 for a Tamron 70-200 2.8. Now I'm glad they didn't have either because I'm saving about $300. Let the countdown begin!!

The Tamron 70-200 2.8 has a pretty bad focus motor according to reviews but it is good optically. Are you getting anything(or do you already have something) that starts wider then 70mm as well?

I read several reviews that said the same thing about the Tamron. It caused me enough concern to go with the Sigma. I of course have the kit lens, the old 55-200, and my baby, the nifty fifty. I'm trying to get into children photography and have learned that if I can get away from them and let them do their thing then I get better shots. Rather than getting up on them with a smaller lens.

Here's what I have in the cart right now. I don't think I'm missing anything. Does anyone see anything I may want as far as this setup goes? I'm looking at bags now because B&H is doing upgrades I can't purchase anything for another hour and a half.

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG APO Macro HSM AF Lens for Nikon

Hoya 77mm Introductory Filter Kit - Ultraviolet (UV), Circular Polarizer, Warming Filter (Intensifier) and Nylon Pouch

Nikon D90 SLR Digital Camera (Camera Body)

70-200 on a 1.5 crop sensor is going to be tough for family portraits. you'll need to be 25 feet away at 70mm to get a 8' 6.9"W x 5' 8.6" H field of view (and flip them for shooting in portrait). should be fine for certain parts of weddings but you'll want wider in the reception and for group shots. it will be okay for single person pics like babies or seniors or headshots but you'll need to be pretty far away from your subjects if you want to get a whole family or a group at a wedding in the shot. if you want a single lens i'd look for something in the 28-70 range instead. you can always compensate somewhat for lack of length by cropping but you can never get back part of the frame you missed because your lens was too long.

Darn it jnm!! Just as soon as I think I'm getting what I need and want someone comes along and gives a different take on things :lol:. Now what am I supposed to do? What you said makes perfect sense though so I'm on the prowl again lol

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back