Nikon and/or Canon Lenses on an Olympus?

I don't believe so ... but someone much wiser than myself will come along soon

Directly attaching any non-Olympus mount glass to that camera is not possible.

Autofocus via an adapter, I doubt it or the functionality is going to be extremely limited. At least for EOS lenses, the aperture diaphragm is electronically actuated and thus you'll be stuck shooting wide open all the time. Definitely, autofocus will not be operational. I believe current nikkors will be the same way.

For manual lenses, there are also adapters. Again, there are limitations. I've seen FD canon adapters for use on the Olympus 4/3 format. There's no way to automatically stop down the lenses, so you'll have to do it yourself manually. Some adapters will enable focus confirmation, most do not.

In general, stick to the lenses that are designed for the system. For most people, adapting lenses as a cost effective way to get more glass is not going to work for them. For those like me that do it specifically as an interest, then it works but we are well aware of the limitations and don't mind.

I think if you really want to use Canon or Nikon lens, change the camera body maybe more economical.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you very much guys. I think I'm going to get an adapter because manually adjusting the lense won't bother me too much.

Most reactions

Back