What's new

Nikon-Android wireless shutter GEO-PRO

stcheng

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 24, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Aberdeen
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there any one have use this device before? It seem so cool and work with my Desire and D90 and that is good to me to take a night shoot .....

Home

Any idea??
 
Anyone can help? ...It this good to buy? Or did anyone tried?
 
Hmm call me crazy but I prefer having an actual GPS data logger on my camera rather than a phone. Aside from the frailty of phones, the poor GPS performance in general, the very short battery life (especially while GPS is on and while applications are running), I wonder about how reliable a signal to a device that may be doing any number of things may be.

I suggest you look into a Bluetooth GPS unit available from pretty much any reputable dealer such as Holux, and a little bluetooth receiver for your camera. THey can usually also be linked with phones allowing you to use the phone without horrendously raping your battery.

And holy crap I just saw the price of that thing. You could get a dedicated good GPS unit for about half that price and it doesn't need a phone...
 
Hmm call me crazy but I prefer having an actual GPS data logger on my camera rather than a phone. Aside from the frailty of phones, the poor GPS performance in general, the very short battery life (especially while GPS is on and while applications are running), I wonder about how reliable a signal to a device that may be doing any number of things may be.

I suggest you look into a Bluetooth GPS unit available from pretty much any reputable dealer such as Holux, and a little bluetooth receiver for your camera. THey can usually also be linked with phones allowing you to use the phone without horrendously raping your battery.

And holy crap I just saw the price of that thing. You could get a dedicated good GPS unit for about half that price and it doesn't need a phone...


Thanks for the reply and I agree on what you mention.....I double check their webpage and they are able to work with the GPS logger as well....So, that is for both phone and logger...
 
I'm going to assume you're trying to sell this product so here's a hint. It's about 10x more expensive than other products on the market. Good luck trying to sell a $5 USB -> Bluetooth dongle for $200

For $150 I not only expect Bluetooth but I expect a high quality hardware GPS receiver to be built into the unit and for it to act autonomously. For $150 it should be programmable and work with neither phone nor other device attached.
For $200 I expect it to pleasure me and bring me a beer afterwards as well.
 
I'm going to assume you're trying to sell this product so here's a hint. It's about 10x more expensive than other products on the market. Good luck trying to sell a $5 USB -> Bluetooth dongle for $200

For $150 I not only expect Bluetooth but I expect a high quality hardware GPS receiver to be built into the unit and for it to act autonomously. For $150 it should be programmable and work with neither phone nor other device attached.
For $200 I expect it to pleasure me and bring me a beer afterwards as well.


Oh...No....I just try to ask and discuss of this.....I am considering to buy but not considering to sell.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom