Nikon D300 + MB-D10 FPS Issues

Hillsong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

I just had a few questions i was hoping you all might be able to address. I've been using a Nikon D300 for a while now, and had never really needed or wanted the 7.5/8 FPS that you can achieve from using the MD-D10 Grip. I am shooting more sports for my College's newspaper now and I've been trying to get 7.5/8 FPS out of my body, but it just won't do it. I have 2 En-EL3e batteries that I use in both the body and the grip, and I'm always shooting manual, with auto ISO off, etc. Any guesses as to what the issue may be? I have updated firmware, and the body is recognizing the grip etc, however on the info screen, only 6FPS are displayed in the bottom left hand corner.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

There's a menu setting if I recall correctly and you need to use the tray with AA batteries to get the higher frame rate. Or one of those really expensive elen4 batteries.

So the En-EL3e won't bump it above 6Fps? Hrm. Looks like I may have to waste some money on AA batteries in the near future then.

You need to buy the enel4 battery in the grip to achieve the 7.5/8 fps. It's not possible with the enel3e's.

Also make sure you have a class 10 Cf card. Don't buy the cheap ones, your current card prob can not keep up with data writing

CF Card speed doesn't matter until you fill the buffer and the D300/D300S has a pretty deep buffer. Once you hit the buffer limit your card speed helps but you will only be pushing around 2fps with a high speed card due to the FIFO buffering that occurs when the buffer is full. The guys/gals above me answered the fps question, it's the battery (this is mentioned in the manual).

Be sure the shutter is set to CH mode, and look at page 77 of your D300 user's manual for further information.

Also, in the Custom Settings menu check what value "Max. Continuous Release" is set to: menu d5. It need to be set to more than 8.

Most reactions

Back