Nikon D3200.

My biggest problem is my hands are too big for it.
Yep. The D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200 are meant to be smaller, 'compact' DSLRs, which is why they don't have an auto focus motor and auto focus screw-drive.

Nikon developed their compact entry-level DSLR cameras so their smaller size would appeal to women DSLR camera buyers.

Not going to agree, I am male but with small paws and I found the D3100 perfect with my hands compare to the Canon T2I

My hands fit fine... my wife is always telling me i have dainty hands lol. Thanks for all the help here, its been very informative!

Only noticed your from up north, you have some nice spots around the coast up there. We are even getting a real summer this year, shock horror!!

Yes I spend a lot of time on the north antrim coast! Maybe if your up this way we can do a mini TPF meetup?

Yeah I'd love to get up there, probably won't be for a month or two though....money issues, I never have enough of it ;)

Yeah, that Youtube video Jared Polin made has really helped me out in using and setting up my D3200. It is rather easy to use and learn DSLR photography has an exceptional 24.2 MP which I really love. I can crop 1/3 of the photo and still get fairly good resolution from it. Also, it has a fast response, I'd say since it uses EXPEED 3. :)

Since I'm into DSLR filmmmaking too, the downside is that it does not come with a headphone jack but still love the fact it records good quality video. FYI, when I bought my camera, I could not record on my SD card. Then I realized that my firmware was not up to date and needed to get it updated at a Nikon Centre. So, just a head's up, for anyone who bought a D3200 before April 2012, get it updated!

Also, if you are really into photography and need a head start here is a website I'd like to share : Learn Digital Photography Now | Discover How You Can Shoot Beautiful Photos Every Time - Guaranteed! (Even If You Are A Photography Newbie!)

Great tips and tricks! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back