Nikon D3s released

Yeah, not a huge upgrade. 14fps would have been something to write home about, and I guess 102,000 ISO isn't something to shake a stick at either. Perfect PJ camera though. And it means the D3 is inching ever closer to affordability.

You know you want to switch:lmao:
I actually would switch to Nikon if it weren't for a couple of issues.

1) Availability of lenses.
2) Price of lenses.

I did a complete exercise of figuring out what I could sell my existing gear for and what the cost would be to switch to the D3s & D700 or D3s and D300s. In the end, I would wind up with an abbreviated lens collection even though I still would have to kick in a couple grand to get a complete kit to keep going at my current speed.

But I wasn't even opposed to spending a few grand extra in the end. I didn't like the idea (and I HATED the idea giving up my 85mm f/1.2L) but the killer for me was the complete lack of lens availability. I could be waiting on key lenses for weeks or months hoping to find someone with what I needed in stock for a realistic price.

2) Price of lenses.

I did a complete exercise of figuring out what I could sell my existing gear for and what the cost would be to switch to the D3s & D700 or D3s and D300s. In the end, I would wind up with an abbreviated lens collection even though I still would have to kick in a couple grand to get a complete kit to keep going at my current speed.

But I wasn't even opposed to spending a few grand extra in the end. I didn't like the idea (and I HATED the idea giving up my 85mm f/1.2L) but the killer for me was the complete lack of lens availability. I could be waiting on key lenses for weeks or months hoping to find someone with what I needed in stock for a realistic price.

I can definitely understand your issue with the lens price differences.

Which Nikon lenses are you having trouble finding in stock?

2) Price of lenses.

Which lenses are you referring to? The new 70-200 or something?

That does seem like a huge problem with Nikon that Canon manages to completely avoid. Nikon releases an awesome new lens and there is such a demand for it that you have to wait 3 months for it.

Hmm, I wonder why that is;)

He will switch. It's only a matter of time... His excuses are lame and I can see he's starting to waver:lol:

You know, I really want this camera because of the incredible technology that come with it. But since I got my external flash, I don't see much action in 1,600 ISO territory when I'm indoor anymore. Most of the time, I'm not higher than 400 ISO. Of course I don't shoot sports or anything that this camera was intended for. :).

Here's the EXIF data:

681636615_CTi2r-XL.png

I want a lens that will shoot that detailed and still at 850,000mm 1/250s! :lol:

Mark

Most reactions

Back