Nikon D40 or D60? Torn!

First and foremost, I am a novice, so I do not know a whole lot about the DSLR cameras.

If one were to chose between these 2 models, which would be the best way to go. I read on a review that the D40 does not have an auto-focus driver in camera, so you have to buy more expensive lenses with the driver built in. My question is...is this reason enough to completely forego the D40 for the D60??....I am really stuck between these 2 models. Any input, pros/ cons would be greatly appreciate.

I typically recommend a gently used d70 to anybody that's interested in the d40 or d60.

Another +1 for Mav's post. I have a D40 and love it, I feel no buyers remorse or need to go to a D40x or D60. And all the lenses and accessories I buy now will work with my next Nikon body, whether that is a D80 or D300 or whatever is the hot new thing in a year or two from now.

Actually someone on this forum owns both a D40 and D80 and prefers the D40 (sorry, can't remember who that was).

Actually someone on this forum owns both a D40 and D80 and prefers the D40 (sorry, can't remember who that was).
:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back