Nikon d50

kimbie05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Has anyone tried out the Nikon d50? Any opinions? Ive heard mixed reviews... Thanks.

I was looking at that on line.

The only thing I dont like about the 350d is the sucky grip.

The D50 looks to be about the same size but looks to have a real grip but only 6mp.

hobbes28 said:
I think people have already talked about the D50 somewhere recently.
...T'was me :)

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25084

Etaf posted links to some useful reviews in there. Coincidentally, the UK's Amateur Photographer magazine reviewed it this week, and the only bad things htey could really say about the camera was that the accompaying software is naff and a number of functions which are on dedicated buttons on the D70s are located in menus on the D50 (such as the metering-mode) and its minimum ISO is 200.

From what I've read I'd recommend it: at the end of the day, it has the same CCD as the D70s and gives the same quality of photos, and even though the difference in street price here in the UK is only 100UKP, that money is better off in my pocket than in theirs!

thanks, guys. sorry, i should probably do a quick search before i post a topic...especially because i'm not in the forum as much as i'd like to be!

john- thanks for the link to yours. someone posted some really helpful links in there.

i've been saving up for the d70, and i think i'm just gonna stick to that.

Most reactions

Back