Nikon D5000 and Canon EOS 600D

monet139

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. Nikon D5000

View attachment 39002

The Nikon D5000 is a brilliant camera, capable of producing shots that rival Nikon's higher end DSLRs. This is my first choice when I'm out and about, due to its compact size and light body (especially when coupled with a lightweight prime lens). I still use it occasionally for some of my freelance work, and am amazed by the quality of the shots I get.

The difference between the D5000 and the more expensive Nikon DSLRs is that they have more intuitively arranged buttons and the ability to quickly switch between settings. All it means is that it allows a photographer to take a faster shot and change settings on the fly.

The only drawback is that there is no built in AF motor which basically restricts you to AF lenses (which are slightly more expensive). However, I'd still strongly recommend this camera to anyone considering a DSLR.

2. Canon EOS 600D

View attachment 39003

This is my first SLR camera and I actually knew very little about SLR cameras before getting this, but it didnt really matter as there are alot of auto functions which manage to take really nice photos. As I got more use to the camera and started to learn how to manually adjust the settings the photos looks even nicer. The display screen is crystal clear and the rotating camera makes self portraits excellent, or when you have a group photo and no one to hold the camera. It's perhaps just abit on the heavy side as I carry it around my neck when I bring it out (though its actually really light compared to my friend's cameras). The battery indicator isn't that reliable because as soon as you reach half bar, you're battery actually has only really about 1/10 left. If you're out travelling and without a spare battery you pretty much can't take photos for the rest of the day, so make sure you carry a spare battery for long trips.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back