Nikon D5000 VS Canon EOS Rebel T1i

Where do you get your weed? I think it's making you hallucinate.

okay I'll add something more relevant....
From our hero Ken http://kenrockwell.com/nikon/d3000/high-iso-comparison.htm

The D3000 doesn't even compare to the D40 at ISO200. I've experienced the same using them first hand in a variety of scenarios. The D3000 is a turd based on ancient technology.

Even in the pictures you posed the D3000 has a retarded amount of color noise.

Last edited:
So you're saying. . .that at 100% crops, the camera with the newer sensor displays less noise? Why. . .I've been so blind! Damnit! The hopes and dreams of hobbyist shooters who aggressively crop their photographs and display them at large print size have been dashed if they have a D3000!

lol. Play it off all you want dude. You're way off. And your advise in this thread is completely wrong. I advise everyone to ignore it.

No need to "play it off". I don't edit my replies or recant; no need to. Anyone not pixel peeping and with a shred of common sense will be able to qualify for themselves whether the image quality of a D5000 is worth the cost over the D3000. Or they'll be able to realize what most folks have already been able to get. Hit me up when you join the rest of us; beers on me.

Who need the best of the best camera to take a good photo? I am happy with my Canon 40D. :)

If my photo is not good enough, it is not my camera.

Who need the best of the best camera to take a good photo? I am happy with my Canon 40D. :)

If my photo is not good enough, it is not my camera.

You say that like the 40D is some slouch. I'd take a 40D over a D5000 any day.

Everyone carries Pentax or at least all the camera stores I went too and Futureshop so I don't see any biast things on that part. They also told me to stay away from Sony they're garbage.

Thats a bit insulting. Sony isn't Garbage. The higher in the Sony line you go the more Nikon and Cannon start to win out, but what you'll notice is that the cost comparison doesn't hold up either. Sony may only be a hobbyist's Camera Line, which is fine, but they're capable of some very good photos. I've got a 4 foot print hanging on the wall where I work right now that came off my a200.

The only reason I even swtiched to Nikon myself is because I got a very good deal (less then half cost) on my D300. If a salesmen ever tells you to stay away from Sony, 90% of the time it is because they don't make as much money off Sony, they're line doesn't cost nearly as much as Nikon or Cannon. They still have very good stuff.

BTW: Many many cameras these days, Nikon included, usually have Sony sensors in them :er:

Most reactions

Back