Nikon D5000 vs. Canon T1I

Hey guys, can you help me choose between a Ford F-150 and a Chevy Silverado 1500? I've done research on both and I like them both! I haven't used the search function but I'm sure you guys can help me. Thanks!

:er:

Too bad I did use it!

There is a difference in screen size as well as resolution of the screen. Which don't really matter to me much, the screens just are just for a pic preview. The ISO's do differ but are basically the same for usable ISO's, the d5000 maxes out at 6400 and the t1i at 12800.

From some of the reviews I've seen, the t1i has less noise at the higher ISO's then the d5000, which is a major plus to me. Here is the link/review.

Canon Rebel T1i vs. Nikon D5000 Review – ISO Comparison Part II Photography Bay | Digital Camera Reviews, News and Resources

I know you all can't make my decision, I'm just lookin for any advice/ pros and cons to help me get an edge on one of them.

Hey guys, can you help me choose between a Ford F-150 and a Chevy Silverado 1500? I've done research on both and I like them both! I haven't used the search function but I'm sure you guys can help me. Thanks!

:er:

Too bad I did use it!

So you're telling me that you didn't find anything useful in at least 9 threads you could have looked at to help you with your decision? Or you couldn't have bumped an existing thread asking a specific question? I'm sorry if I'm skeptical when people say they searched. Usually because if they had, they would have found what they needed.

As I said before, you won't be disappointed with either camera. Just pick the one that feels better in your hands. I'm sure you have a Best Buy or something like that nearby that will likely have both cameras, or at least cameras that have the same feel. In the end, can you tell the difference between a photograph taken with a T1i or a D5000? If you can, then you are unique among humans.

The D5000 also has in-camera image editing, which is something no Canon model offers. It allows you to shoot in RAW mode, and then later create JPEG images in the camera, converting them to monochrome, straightening the image up, doing a soft effect, doing an in-camera Tilt and Shift or "miniature" effect, and so on. Kind of neat. It also has the 11-point AF with Focus Tracking system that tracks subjects based on RGB color information reflecting back from the subjects. It also has a pretty sophisticated face detection and the Nikon Scene Recognition System technologies
Nikon | News | Nikon D5000

The Canon T1i has Auto Lighting Optimizer (similar to Nikons D-Lighting in the D5000), and can shooter larger-pixel sized HD video clips, has the newest 920,000-dot 3.0 inch LCD screen, face detection, and comes with Canon's DPP software for converting RAW images from RAW into JPEG images, and that software is free, whereas the Nikon Capture NX2 is like a $179 optional software application.

Handing and test-driving the two cameras would be a good idea. You might really like the fit and feel of one camera over the other. Or, it might be a coin-flip type of decision. I think there are some other threads on this exact topic, although it might not be super easy to search and find them; maybe searching on only one camera model would help. Best of luck,and enjoy your new camera!

I didn't get the same results on my search that you did. Most of them I saw just mention either camera, none were a full blown comparison. And it seems that most of the online reviews/comparisons seem to favor the canon. So I figured I'd ask a dedicated photography forum, so I could learn more about each camera and their available compatable lenses.

Sorry if I got ur panties in a bunch for being a noob with questions. I realize that the samo quesitons get extremely annoying, I'm on other forums that I am more knowledgable about so I know where your commin from, but where would you expect me to go after I have done all this research? If these threads bother you, then I would suggest just skippin it and not readin it.

On a bright side thank you for your opinion on the subject. I'm startin to feel the same way that I won't be disappointed either way.

The D5000 also has in-camera image editing, which is something no Canon model offers. It allows you to shoot in RAW mode, and then later create JPEG images in the camera, converting them to monochrome, straightening the image up, doing a soft effect, doing an in-camera Tilt and Shift or "miniature" effect, and so on. Kind of neat. It also has the 11-point AF with Focus Tracking system that tracks subjects based on RGB color information reflecting back from the subjects. It also has a pretty sophisticated face detection and the Nikon Scene Recognition System technologies
Nikon | News | Nikon D5000

The Canon T1i has Auto Lighting Optimizer (similar to Nikons D-Lighting in the D5000), and can shooter larger-pixel sized HD video clips, has the newest 920,000-dot 3.0 inch LCD screen, face detection, and comes with Canon's DPP software for converting RAW images from RAW into JPEG images, and that software is free, whereas the Nikon Capture NX2 is like a $179 optional software application.

Handing and test-driving the two cameras would be a good idea. You might really like the fit and feel of one camera over the other. Or, it might be a coin-flip type of decision. I think there are some other threads on this exact topic, although it might not be super easy to search and find them; maybe searching on only one camera model would help. Best of luck,and enjoy your new camera!

Thanks, the camera shop I plan on buying it from offers a deal that if you buy a camera there they offer Adobe elements 8, the video editing software (I forgot what it is called) and a couple of photo organizing softwares all for 50 bucks. Is elements any good at editing and dealing with RAW files, etc? thats a whole new ball park for me I have to learn, I wanted to learn the photography fundamentals befor I worried about software. Any advice on software would be extremely helpful.

What about the Nikon D3100? it has the 3" screen with a better movie mode (1080p) v D5000 780p. the d3100 will shoot 3fps v 4 fps with the d5000. the flip screen is an iffy thing on the 5000 as it may get in the way of tripod and quick shoe. Seems the D3100 may be a contender

Most reactions

Back