Wich second camera i should get?

Yeah you are definitely right the reason i wouls want a new camera is to explore! I tried canon before and i really liked how it is used! I obly have the basic camera lens witch is the 18-55mm that came with it. I feel like i would want a more recent camera and then to explore the diffrent type of lens that i could purchase to try diffrent type of photography but im just not looking into expanding my D3400 more than what it is so i would sell it to purchase a more high end camera but i think that i wouldn’t see that much of a difference in it

Since you want to explore different lenses.

A word of warning.

Canon has closed down 3rd party autofocus lenses for the mirrorless R cameras.
So, you will not have access to Sigma/Tamron R lenses, because they cannot sell them.
What that means is, you will ONLY be able to put Canon R lenses on your camera, or adapted EF lenses.

Since you want to explore different lenses.

A word of warning.

Canon has closed down 3rd party autofocus lenses for the mirrorless R cameras.
So, you will not have access to Sigma/Tamron R lenses, because they cannot sell them.
What that means is, you will ONLY be able to put Canon R lenses on your camera, or adapted EF lenses.
That may be changing:

That may be changing:

hmmm "on a case-by-case basis."
Which means the 3rd party guys are on a leash.
Say the standard 70-200/2.8. If Canon want ALL the revenue from that lens, they may not approve a less expensive Sigma or Tamron lens.
So we have to see what "on a case-by-case basis" really means.

Sorry but my school does not have deep pockets. We have to go 3rd party, or nothing.
We go OEM, ONLY IF a used OEM lens shows up at a good price.

BTW, for high school night and gym sports, you still NEED a FAST lens.
Affordable cameras with decent noise at HIGH ISO (25600+), to be able to use SLOW (f/5.6) lenses, are in the future.

I have a Nikon D3200 with a 35mm lens, a 18 to55 and a 55 to 200 zoom all Nikon lens. That's my good camera. As I now use a cane for almost all my walking and carrying around a DSLR and gear is a problem I decided I needed a compact camera. For me cost is a major factor. I wound up buying a Canon ELPH 360 on spec alone. It has a 25 to 300 zoom (35 equivalent) APSC sensor and 20 megapixel it all sounded good. When It arrived I took one look at it and put it on the shelf with all the other mistakes I have purchased. Too small, no zoom ring, no manual controls at all and no view finder. I judged it to be junk.
Then one day I took it out for a few shots. All I have said is true except the junk part. It takes brilliant pictures and it has the best anti shake I have ever seen. This camera has become my carry along camera. What I am saying here is we don't always know what we need and what we want is not always what we need

Most reactions

Back