Nikon D5000

I don't really know if this is news or not, it looks like a replacement model for the D40 based on the placement of the buttons and no top LCD. Maybe this time they'll include a built in AF motor ;)

d5000_2.jpg

d5000_1.jpg

d5000_3.jpg

no i dont think they have a built in AF motor ..

(is this even real?)

boogschd's pictures are a bad PhotoShop. My cousin works in Nikon R&D and got me the very first D5000 prototype for me to test out. It really looks like this:

nikond5000.jpg

All of you are rumor-mongers. Those pictures are clearly fake. I have the real camera in my hands, and I can confirm the specs:

-6x7 format CMOS sensor (dubbed "FXXX" format)
-41.9 megapixel resolution
-31 fps continuous shooting
-Clean shots at ISO 102,400
-Expected street price: $8.50

Unfortunately, it still doesn't have an autofocus motor.

I already sold my house and my car so I can pre-order five hundred of them from Amazon. It's going to be that good.

All of you are rumor-mongers. Those pictures are clearly fake. I have the real camera in my hands, and I can confirm the specs:

-6x7 format CMOS sensor (dubbed "FXXX" format)
-41.9 megapixel resolution
-31 fps continuous shooting
-Clean shots at ISO 102,400
-Expected street price: $8.50

Unfortunately, it still doesn't have an autofocus motor.

I already sold my house and my car so I can pre-order five hundred of them from Amazon. It's going to be that good.

awesome-est :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Rumor, or no rumor, WTF would be so great about a "flip screen" on a DSLR?

Rumor, or no rumor, WTF would be so great about a "flip screen" on a DSLR?

I can think it would be useful with liveview sometimes. So you don't have to lay down on the ground to compose a particular shot, or you can frame something while shooting overhead. Of course this is assuming it has liveview. If not, then yes, it's really silly.

Maybe this time they'll include a built in AF motor ;)

OK people have all your fun (I'm not directing this at smyth personally), but I will stand by what my local Nikon dealer told me months ago - the in-body focus motor is finished for all Nikon consumer bodies, only the pro cameras will have it on future releases.

Look at Nikon's current lens line-up, when I last counted a month ago 48 of their lenses now have motors built in, that is more than 50%.

that shape next to the lens release doesn't exist on any current body. so it's definitely either a complete PS job, or its at least a different body i haven't seen before. however, that mode dial is from the stone age... wtf?

Another rumor that is swirling around this camera is that the pop up flash will swivel kind of like the sb400 so you could do some kind of bouncing with the on board flash.

Most reactions

Back