What's new

Nikon D5000?

Caduceus

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to purchase my first SLR, currently I'm using my mentor's spare Canon SLR but I really want to have my own to work with. I don't have a large amount of money to spend and I really don't want to go over 1,000 dollars if I can avoid it.

The Nikon D5000 looks pretty decent for the money, I'm just wondering if there are any better alternatives before I make the commitment to buy it.
 
Having owned the D5000 and D3100 I'd probably go with the D3100 myself. That said, you could get a D90 as well and have some extra functionality to go along with it.

D90 vs D5000 was a toss up for me, there are things about each one I enjoyed that the other didn't have, however the D3100 would make that decision even harder.
 
I would look into the D90 the price is coming down on them now the D7000 is out. I got a D90 on monday for my first SLR im happy with it just have alot to learn.
 
I would also recommend the d90.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom