Nikon D5100..no more?

Nef

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to the forum but have bee reading around for a while.

I am interested in the Nikon D5100 and actually ordered it on Amazon several weeks ago but because of Amazon charging me wrong for it had to return it.

I was attempting to order it again and it is no longer being sold by Amazon; only by third party sellers who are charging $100 more than Amazon was. I contacted Amazon and they said they don't know if or when they will get more in stock. I also received an email today saying that I could preorder the D5200 but that is over $300 more than the D5100. The reason I am trying to buy from amazon is because I have gift cards equivalent of the D5100 so wondering if anyone has any clue as to why it isnt being restocked on Amazon for several weeks now.

Thank you in advance.

I would think because the D5100 has been out awhile and they are replacing it with the D5200 .... I have had very good luck with Amazon ...contact customer service by phone and ask

Nikon still offers both the D3100 and the D3200 here in the US anyway.

On that basis it is reasonable to assume the D5100 and the D5200 will also both still be offered.

One should also note that the D7000 did not 'replace' the D90.

Another consideration is that Nikon likely makes camera models in batches, and had been producing more of the D5200 than the D5100.
Plus, recent holiday sales likely depleted the D5100 inventory here in the US.

I ordered mine through bestbuy and got a great deal on it. They will also price match with other sellers and you might even get to pick it up at the store if in stock. I had them order it for me at the store and they shipped it free to my house cause they were out of stock.

I ordered mine through bestbuy and got a great deal on it. They will also price match with other sellers and you might even get to pick it up at the store if in stock. I had them order it for me at the store and they shipped it free to my house cause they were out of stock.

The Op has Amazon gift vouchers.

Thank you all for the replies. The Nikon D5100 is back in stock and being sold by Amazon. I ordered it yesterday! :). Thank you all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back