Nikon d5200

AndrasFL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I just bought my first dslr 😊
Do you have any advice for a complete noon? Books, web-sites, YouTube videos to get a good start.
Thanks

Sendt fra min LG-D802 med Tapatalk

Good on you cobber!

Read the D5200 Reference Manual that is a PDF file on the software disc.
The Reference Manual tells you what features, functions, and capabilities your new camera has available for you to use making photographs.

A couple pf critical areas you need to know about are the Focus and Metering sections of the Reference Manual.

Online visit - Digital Photography Tutorials

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Youtube video.
I've downloaded the manual on my phone and read and read.
It's a good and understandable manual.
Thanks

Sendt fra min LG-D802 med Tapatalk

Understand the exposure triangle. Know what shutter speed, ISO, and aperture do and how they interact with each other.

Learn how to properly focus and set up your camera so that it's not doing useless things (ex. allowing your camera to shoot in full auto, or using full auto focus mode).

Start shooting in aperture priority mode, programmed mode, or manual mode (I usually prefer aperture priority mode). That will take knowledge of the exposure triangle.

Shootin RAW instead of Jpeg, and get a program such as Adobe Lightroom to edit the RAW files. Extremely useful. Most of the photos I take get touched up in one way or another.

All of these key word types of things can be searched in google and YouTube. Just keep at it and you'll learn :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back