nikon d610 | tell me about it!

Does the D610 have the same crammed into the centre focus points that the D600 had, for focus points i prefer the D7100 as the focus points are more evenly spread.

John.

read Derrel's post about it.

put the D600/610 into DX mode and it nearly fills the frame (identical to the D7000). The D800/810 may have more points, but it's still a big cluster in the middle of the frame (identical to the D7100 in DX mode).

http://photographylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Nikon-D600-vs-D800-Viewfinder.png

look at them on top of each other: http://jtra.cz/stuff/essays/d610-vs-d800/viewfinder-af-coverage-comparison-d800-vs-d600.png

you can see the DX frame by the box that's created that's just larger than the focusing area.

Last edited by a moderator:
It`s a pity the D7100 has the banding problem as its a fantastic camera, though i have downloaded sample images and have been unable to see this for myself, but if you shoot in raw and like to pull the details out of the shadows it might be a problem.

John.

so what's the alternative? the canon that has no detail recovery whatsoever?

ive never heard of the d7100 having a banding issue.

Is that the 70D you are taking about? that`s about the closest to the D7100

John.

so what's the alternative? the canon that has no detail recovery whatsoever?

ive never heard of the d7100 having a banding issue.

The D600 was a terrible camera. Oil on the sensor was more common then Nikon admits.
I briefly looked at the D610 and then went for the D810.
Reasons - native ISO 64 means I can shoot wider open.
1/8000 shutter speeds for freezing action.
Shutter life 200,000
60fps video

The best autofocus system money can buy.
No OLPF means sharper details.

Don't listen to the old guy. He will probably tell you back in his day 640k of RAM was enough.
Letting the camera automate more things means you can put more of your attention into creating the best image possible.

The D600 was a terrible camera. Oil on the sensor was more common then Nikon admits.
I briefly looked at the D610 and then went for the D810.
Reasons - native ISO 64 means I can shoot wider open.
1/8000 shutter speeds for freezing action.
Shutter life 200,000
60fps video

The best autofocus system money can buy.
No OLPF means sharper details.

Don't listen to the old guy. He will probably tell you back in his day 640k of RAM was enough.
Letting the camera automate more things means you can put more of your attention into creating the best image possible.

Same of your points are valid. I would want a D810 for pro work too. However, you've completely dismissed the d610 with little to no valid reasoning. Just a few personal attacks, a couple valid points, and a reference to the d600 problem which doesn't affect the d610.

Coming from a D300 I stepped up to the D610. The D300 served me well for years and even made a few bucks without trying. My plan was to get good glass from the start. I had my 70-200 2/8 on my D40x for a while lol. Now I got a full frame to go with that glass. Sure I wanted the 800 but with the money left on the table I put it toward the 24-70 2/8. Now have what I feel is a deadly combo. Image quality was my main mission and just shooting with it around my desk and peeping the back of the camera I think It will be worth it.

I think the op has long bought her camera by now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back