Nikon D70

Patrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all! Finally took the plunge and picked one up, all I can say is WOW WOW Wwwwwwooooooowwwwwww! :band:

Anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the most out of this amazing camera!

Shoot in RAW and use a good raw conversion program, and Photoshop.

That's the best advice I can give, knowing nothing about the camera and being a Canon user.

im jealous,

but yeah id shoot in raw.
excelent camera, but if you are goign to be using the flash id recomend you get an external flash the internal one, although pretty good for a built flash is still a built in flash.
post some pictures you take with it, im sure we'd all love to see.

Damm, how did you get one before me? The place I ordered it from ran out with their first shipment. I think I'm getting my on the next shipping Nikon sends out. Probably sometime in April. :cry: I've been saving my pennies for this camera. Hopefully it's worth it...

Patrick said:
Where can I find a good plug in for PS? Or do I even need one?
Just try opening the RAW files in PS. Nikon has their own software called Capture which you can used for digital editing. I don't know how good it is though.

If you have Photoshop CS, it now includes the ability to directly import RAW files from your camera. I can't speak to older versions, because I switched to CS before I went digital (which is actually sometime this coming week!!).

I stopped by the camera store today to check out the D70 and it is WOW! surprisingly it feels very solid having a polycarb body. That kit lens is incredibly sharp and it's a very quick AF. Can't wait to take that puppy home :D

I also recommend checking this site out for information on creating custom curves. It doesn't do much if all you shoot is raw. but if you ever use jpeg I highly recommend loading a custom curve to your camera.

voodoocat said:
That kit lens is incredibly sharp and it's a very quick AF.
Well, that's good to hear. It's also a DX lense which means it's suppose to have better edge to edge performance. That's pretty much the only reason I decided to go with the kit. I wanted to see how well the DX lenses hold up and at that price it's a bargin.

Harpper said:
Damm, how did you get one before me? The place I ordered it from ran out with their first shipment. I think I'm getting my on the next shipping Nikon sends out. Probably sometime in April. :cry: I've been saving my pennies for this camera. Hopefully it's worth it...

Same here....walked into a local camera shop and pow...there they were. Salesman said he had no idea how they got em.

Patrick said:
Flip the switch and boom...there it is.
That's one of the things I liked about the D70. There's suppose to be no delay. You just turn it on and start shoting instantly. It's great for me since I've missed a few shots when a wild animal suddenly runs/flies out in the open but my camera takes too long to start up.

Patrick said:
Same here....walked into a local camera shop and pow...there they were. Salesman said he had no idea how they got em.
Talk about lucky because just about every shop I've been too they were sold out. :cry:

I just got my D70 on Friday and I couldn't be happier with it. I actually placed the order on Wednesday at about 6pm, so it was too late to ship, but they shipped it on Thursday via next day air and it was in my hand Friday morning.

There is absolutely NO start-up delay at all on this camera. I tried several times to turn it on and immediately hit the shutter, and it was ready to shoot every single time. Also, I notice no shutter delay at all while shooting.

So far I am EXTREMELY happy with this camera. Even though I have tried to come up with some things I dislike, I haven't been able to come up with a single thing... :D

Chase said:
So far I am EXTREMELY happy with this camera. Even though I have tried to come up with some things I dislike, I haven't been able to come up with a single thing... :D
Chase, do you have to rub it in? :wink: I'm already depressed as it is waiting for my back order to arrive. :cry: :wink:

Sorry!

I had actually placed an order with Ritz camera about a week earlier, but they couldn't provide me with a ship date. Just got the "as soon as we get them, we will be shipping them". They were actually estimating the ship date to be early in the second week of April.

So, I was wandering around the net and noticed that B&H claimed to have them in stock. Called them up, and sure enough, they had them. So I canceled my order with Ritz and placed my order with B&H and enjoyed the weekend :)

I'll really be surprised if anyone is unhappy with one of these.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back