Nikon D700 and Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

narkley123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am interested in getting a Nikon D700 and I know that to get the maximum capabilities out of the D700 you have to have a good lense. I now have a (cheap) Tamron 18-270 lense. Will this work on the D700? or will the images just be as if I used a lower model of Nikon camera. Thanks

I am interested in getting a Nikon D700 and I know that to get the maximum capabilities out of the D700 you have to have a good lense. I now have a (cheap) Tamron 18-270 lense. Will this work on the D700? or will the images just be as if I used a lower model of Nikon camera. Thanks

That lens is for APS-C sized sensors. The D700 is 35mm sized. The D700 can work with that lens in DX format mode but you're limited to about 5megapixel. You won't be happy using it.

To answer your question:

Stick with what ever you have until you dont need to ask a forum a basic equipment question before dropping the price of a used car on a new body.

To answer your question:

Stick with what ever you have until you dont need to ask a forum a basic equipment question before dropping the price of a used car on a new body.

I'm pretty sure the actual reason forums exist is for asking questions.

85mm 1.8
70-200mm vr 2.8
24-70mm 2.8
12-24mm 2.8

Best lenses you can get. /thread

12-24mm 2.8

Best lenses you can get. /thread
If you can find the 12-24mm at f/2.8 let me know. I paid nearly a grand for an f/4 and almost $1900 for the 14-24mm f/2.8.

Any chance you can be? It'd be a shame to continually add asshats to the gene pool.

To answer your question:

I'm pretty sure the actual reason forums exist is for asking questions.

Absolutely. Ask questions and ignore the negative responses.

To give my two cents towards the original post, I am under the impression that the lens you have will produce exactly as it always has, even on a D700. It will give the same quality and your pics will be limited to that, regardless of the quality of a D700. If money is not an issue, get the good lenses.:D

Dude your tellin me! I wish i would get banned for pointing out obvious things, i mean its just so ABSURD!

Dude your tellin me! I wish i would get banned for pointing out obvious things, i mean its just so ABSURD!

It's not obvious until one learns the information. This forum is a source where someone can learn that information. They can't do that if they don't come back because people like you are such assholes they try to make the person feel stupid for not knowing something you do.

If hes considering purchasing a d700 but doesnt know what lenses work with it, im sure he has bigger issues then someone telling him hes being an idiot

duhrrrr

If hes considering purchasing a d700 but doesnt know what lenses work with it, im sure he has bigger issues then someone telling him hes being an idiot

duhrrrr

Maybe he's buying a D700 because he got a sweet tax return and he knows it's a good camera but doesn't know much else about it. That's not for your ignorant mind to make a judgment on. You offer no value to this thread other than keeping people from coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back