Nikon D700

Aymaan_Sumandi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, I'm a hobby photographer who has been shooting for a little over a year. I'm ready to upgrade from my Canon Rebel T6. I have a friend who is looking to switch systems, and he is offering a Nikon D700, 50 1.4G, 85 1.8D, Sb-600, and battery grip for 500. From what I can see online, it's a pretty good deal, but I wanted some extra input. What do you guys think?

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
I would say that providing it's all in reasonable, working condition, it's a VERY good deal. I still use a D700 on a regular basis, and it's an excellent camera; definitely several steps ahead of the Rebel series. I don't think you will be sorry.

OP
A

Aymaan_Sumandi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I would say that providing it's all in reasonable, working condition, it's a VERY good deal. I still use a D700 on a regular basis, and it's an excellent camera; definitely several steps ahead of the Rebel series. I don't think you will be sorry.
Thanks for the input. The camera in question is well used, but is 100% functional. As far as lens go, do you have any suggestions for a reasonably priced zoom? Something around the neighborhood of Canon's 18-135 or similar focal length. I'm pretty familiar with Canon glass, not so with Nikon glass.

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Try pick up a used 28-105mm af d, good little inexpensive zoom

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well, my standard recommendation for an affordable, but decent zoom for Nikon F is the AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 VR.

If you need a telephoto zoom, good ones are the AF 80-200mm f2.8 (pre-D, one ring), AF-S 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 VR (both about $300 used) and the Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 VC G2 (thats of course a modern, high performance zoom, and priced accordingly).

If you insist on a superzoom - the AF-S 28-300mm f4.5-5.6 VR is quite affordable used and optically tolerable. Possibly still the best superzoom of any manufacturer out there.

Most reactions

New Topics