Nikon D7000

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so recently I wanted to upgrade to D90. from my little D3100. But when I bought the D3100 someone recommended a better model and I was like no this will do fine. Shortly after I wish I did upgrade before purchasing and now I'm thinking of paying the extra 300 bucks and get the D7000 instead of the D90.. However, it's back ordered everywhere! Any ideas on when they'll put some more out?

I found it on amazon for 100 dollars more than BH and adorama

Someone has been posting this same question at least daily.

The inside of Nikon's factory was destroyed, pretty much completely, by the extensive flooding in Thailand. Ditto for their suppliers there in Thailand.

Nikon had to gut the facility, buy/make, and is still in the process of installing/calibrating all the equipment they need to re-start production in Thailand.

Nikon is planning on re-starting production of all their consumer and prosumer grade gear sometime next month. Figure the end of March.

Add time to ship, restock, and fill back-orders.

Someone has been posting this same question at least daily.

The inside of Nikon's factory was destroyed, pretty much completely, by the extensive flooding in Thailand. Ditto for their suppliers there in Thailand.

Nikon had to gut the facility, buy/make, and is still in the process of installing/calibrating all the equipment they need to re-start production in Thailand.

Nikon is planning on re-starting production of all their consumer and prosumer grade gear sometime next month. Figure the end of March.

Add time to ship, restock, and fill back-orders.

Okay I saw both the D90 and D7000 is out of stock almost everywhere and on amazon it's more than BH etc.. thanks for the update.

You only mentioned B&H, in NY alone, I try Camera Land NY, Adorama, Focus Camera.
My D700 I bough from Camera Land - love their costumer service. I was recommended to go there by someone who is a frequent shopper at that store. Apparently the owner is very close to VP of Nikon USA: for me it meant that when I called 4 NY camera giants looking for d700, they all had it but Camera Land gave me better a better price.
B&H and Adorama, in my eyes should be partners - the only difference I've noticed b/n them is occasional price, but even that isn't significant enough. I use either one or the other depending on which part of town I'm in.
Focus Camera: its a bit more expensive then the City giants, but they are closer to my house (10-15min drive vs going to Manhattan and looking for parking for an house).
Again, I've used them all and would advise to contact them if you haven't done so already.
I've heard some great things about KEH for their used gear, but have never used them so can't speak for my self.

Then there's always ebay and craigslist.

Good Luck

I just ordered a D7000 from Best Buy last week. They were out of stock on Wednesday, then in stock on Thursday morning, then out of stock again on Friday morning.

I was told by one shop that Nikon planned to send out a shipment in Mid-February - which explains how Best Buy had them in stock for one day last week - but that shop also had a 300 person waiting list.

Thanks I'm on spring break from school March 2nd. I think I'll order it then. I was just looking for the Body only and I know Best buy doesn't sell that in stores.

i am selling one of my d7000 along with the grip, extra battery and a tamron 17-50 if you are interested. selling it as a package. msg me if you are interested, i could ship it as i am located in ottawa.

Most reactions

Back