What's new

Nikon D810 viewfinder blurry

simpsontruckdriver

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
DeBary, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got this "grey market" D810 as a replacement earlier this year, which I know does not mean much since Nikon no longer warranties the D810. It had 1 (yes one single) photo! But, the flaw is, the viewfinder is blurry. If I use LiveView, it is clear, and the photos come out perfect whether using the LiveView or viewfinder. Can I live with it? Of course. Can the viewfinder (or part inside that is blurry) be replaced at home?

TS
 
There are different diopters available for different ranges of correction; there's a good chance the previous owner had a different one installed. See if you can find a number on your diopter and check the D810 manual for the part numbers and specs of the different diopters.
 
Damaged mirror or misaligned focus screen? LiveView bypasses those.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom