Nikon D810 vs. Fujifilm X100T, can you tell which set of photos (of cat) are from which camera?

julianliu

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.cornerstoneimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just recent got a X100T and took some photos of my cat, Oliva. Then I realized I took some photos of Oliva not long ago with my D810. I think they all did a good job and I like them both but prefer one set. Both sets of photos were taken at night with incandescent light. Did some basic adjustment in LR. The editing may yield different results.

Can you tell which set of photos from which camera without looking at metadata?

First set of photos:
DSCF4083.jpg

DSCF4084.jpg

DSCF4088.jpg

DSCF4092.jpg

Second set of photos:
Oliva-3.jpg
Oliva-4.jpg
Oliva-6.jpg
Oliva-7.jpg

Actually let me ask you, what's the point you are trying to make ?
That Fuji camera is good ?
Nikon camera is good ?
Any difference between the 2 different camera maker ?
Any different in sensor size ?

The main factor of overall result of camera (when talking about modern good cameras) is the user and his skills.
In good lighting condition you will be hard pressed to see any difference between my D750 and the used old D5100 I both own.

All you shots are nice, as a cat lover I still didn't see a cat picture I didn't like, none really blew my mind.
They are all ok and that's it.

The main factor of overall result of camera (when talking about modern good cameras) is the user and his skills.
In good lighting condition you will be hard pressed to see any difference between my D750 and the used old D5100 I both own.

yes

If it were between two dslrs, I would have no clue, but I know the Fuji has a different kind of sensor and a different look, so I'll give it a shot. First set is Fuji, based mostly on how the white areas look.

Actually let me ask you, what's the point you are trying to make ?
That Fuji camera is good ?
Nikon camera is good ?
Any difference between the 2 different camera maker ?
Any different in sensor size ?

All you shots are nice, as a cat lover I still didn't see a cat picture I didn't like, none really blew my mind.
They are all ok and that's it.

Just for fun...

If it were between two dslrs, I would have no clue, but I know the Fuji has a different kind of sensor and a different look, so I'll give it a shot. First set is Fuji, based mostly on how the white areas look.

You are definitely right!

I do not know much difference between other DSLRs. But I noticed the feeling of the photos from two cameras is different. I think I prefer the second set (D810), which I think benefit from higher pixels and bigger sensor (which caused shallow depth of field)

Most reactions

Back