nikon d90 charger cord

lawpaws

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i just got my nikon d90 and was gonna charge the battery and the cord that came with it wont evn plug into the wall. the cord looks to be a european style cord.does all the nikons come with this kind of cord and id their an adaptor i can use with this cord so i can plug it in to charge my camera?

Sounds like you bought a European model. In North America, it would certainly have come with a standard N.A. plug.

You could probably find a used one pretty easy. Plenty of people have multiple cameras and thus extra chargers/cords etc. But any travel (or department) store will have adapters.

Where did you pick up the camera from? Was it new or used? I would be checking to see if you got a black market camera. It will not have a Nikon warranty if its black market and if something goes wrong with it - your on the hook for the repair costs.

My D90 came with a US plug. My D700 as well (same battery). Also the D5000 I bought for my son
Where did you buy it? I don't know for sure having never bought from Europe or Asia, but it might be that you bought a non USA body.

The end of the cord that plugs into the charger is a fairly standard 2 prong connector. I know I replaced mine with a cord that originally came with a laptop power supply.
My concerns would be with the warranty if the body is not US.

i bought it off of ebay. seller was from flordia

Sounds like the seller found an off-shore source for buying new gear, then passes it off on the unsuspecting.

just looked at the warrenty and it says european service warranty. what does this mean?

should i report this to ebay. seller did say in description that it was a european model

How about a link to the auction?

I would either ask for a refund, or possibly a partial refund so you can buy the right charger and what you think the lack of a warranty is worth.

If the seller refuses or balks, then report it.

should i report this to ebay. seller did say in description that it was a european model

and it was new not used

just looked at the warrenty and it says european service warranty. what does this mean?

What you have apparently bough is a new European model camera. If the seller stated in the description that it's a European model then I don't think you have any reason to report him to EBay. He apparently clearly stated that it was a European model.

What it means is that you have no warranty unless you ship it to Nikon in Europe. Nikon USA **WILL NOT** provide warranty service on non-USA models. Of course if it never breaks during the warranty period then it's no big deal. If, however, it does break you've got a problem.

...... He apparently clearly stated that it was a European model.............

If the auction stated it's a Euro model, then I think the OP is stuck with it. Buy a US cord, and hope for the best.

Most reactions

Back