Nikon D90 (Disappearing Numbers)

NPBob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I always set the D90 for manual.

Recently, after the camera idles for five seconds or so, the shutter speed and aperture numbers disappear from the readout. Gone.

Turning the dial(s) do not bring them back. If I decide to change my mind on whatever values I've set for the shot, I have to power off the camera, restart it and then choose my numbers.

Problem with the camera?
Have I missed something?
Has this happened to you?

Thanks in advance!

Half press the shutter release.

Thank you Brian. I haven't picked up this camera in two years or so and had completely forgotten that step. Thanks once again!

There is an adjustable delay setting that you can set, to keep the metering information display active for a longer period of time.details are in the manual, and it is somewhere I believe in the cameras set up menu, possibly under metering and displays.

Thank you Derrel! Just found a PDF manual (as I think I need to re-visit!) Would be nice to have extra time with these 2 readouts. :thumbyo::thumbyo::thumbyo:

Thank you Derrel! Just found a PDF manual (as I think I need to re-visit!) Would be nice to have extra time with these 2 readouts. :thumbyo::thumbyo::thumbyo:

I've been able to find paper copies of camera manuals from Amazon, I got one for my D4 not too long ago.

Good luck with your D90, I had one and loved it.

I like to have my meter off delay set to around 16 seconds, which is plenty of time for me. I press the button set the exposure according to the meter or how I want it, and take the shot. As I recall 16 seconds is actually a factory choice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back