Nikon EM

rabidzoomer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well one of my customer's dad has dies and he knew i was into photography so he brought over this camera over to see if i was interested.

It is a Nikon EM body with a Nikon Lens Series E 50mm 1:1.8 included along with a Vivitar 28MM 1:28 Wide Angle, Sigma Zoom 70~210mm 1:4.5 lens with its own case. And then on top of that it comes with a case, Vivitar flash along with its own charge station and i can set it up so another flash will set it off which i have used alot only i dont know what it is called since i received 2 of them free.

Think its a good deal for 175$?
Im trying to convince some people so i need some imediate feedback by tonight.

I just took a quick look on ebay and it does not appear to be a real big seller. Several listed with no bids and the ones that are getting bids are going cheap. I don't know much about that model of Nikon but with all the glass going with it, could be a good price. Adorama has one for sale with just the Nikon lens for $119. Do a quick search on the web and you will find some Nikon sites that have a lot of information on the camera.

I am not a big fan of the Nikon EM. It's always in aperture priority. It was one of Nikon's first attempts at an auto-mode, entry level SLR. For $175 I'd look for a Nikon FM2. A much more flexible camera.

I think the price is way too high. See if you can find an FE or FM - better cameras to be sure.

Man am I ever out of touch with prices if that is way to high. I'll have to start checking out the used market a bit more.

I'd offer $75 if I were you. The two prime lenses are decent, if you have Nikon gear. If not, take a pass.

I had an EM. It was a good camera, but the aperture priority was a deal killer. IIRC, it does have a backlight compensation button, and you can skew the exposure by adjusting the ISO, but that is a pain in the neck. (it doesn't have an exposure compensation dial, does it?)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back