Nikon F2 1972 - help

abanville

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First I just want to say hi to everyone! I hope this is the right place for that type of questions.

I currently have a Nikon F2 photomic 1972~ like this model:
NikF2R4.jpg

I took pictures recently but I always get the same results kind of a greyish finish.

These are my settings with NO flash and a sample of one of my photos.

Nikon F2
lens: prime 50mm
Film: Kodak 400
ASA: 400
F/8
shutter speed: 1/30

50460016.JPG

If you have any suggestion of what my problem could be don’t hesitate to give me some tips. and please don't tell me i need a better camera :wink:

Thank you and happy holiday to everyone!
Andre

How many rolls have you shot with this camera, and do you get this problem with all images?

Is the film expired?

The film is brand new and i have try with 3 rolls and yes on all images

Have you tried cleaning the lens. It looks like sometype of fog.

Agree with Ann; definitely looks like a fog/haze, and almost certainly a lens issue. Hold the lens up to the light and manually open the aperture and look through it. See if you can see any sort of haze or fog. Try it with a different lens.

The good news is, the camera seems to be fine, it's far to even to be a light leak in the camera. It's either the lens or film/development/scanning.

If it's the lens then that amount of "haze" should be easily visible through the viewfinder before taking the photo. If images look crystal clear through the viewfinder, then the lens isn't the issue--it must be the film or development.

Was the film all developed at the same time/same place. Do the negatives look thin? Did the lab scan the negatives?

Is your camera an all black F2as like in the photo? Because that's a pretty valuable camera, a typical F2 in great condition will sell for around $150, but a black F2AS can fetch up to $400.

did you properly align the aperture bayonet with the rabbit ears on the lens? 1972 should be pre-AI iirc. I can't remember how the F2 aperture works but I know on the Nikkormat of the time you had to mount at f5.6 and set the aperture to max aperture (22, 32, highest number) to tell the camera the minimum aperture the lens supported.

I had a few come out like that by mounting a 50mm AI-S to my Nikkormat without using step-down metering.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back