Nikon FG 20 viewfinder cleaning

mbartolucci

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I bought an old nikon FG-20 play around with, and when I look through the viewfinder, i see black specs of i guess dirt or dust. Unfortunatly it seems to be on the other side of the viewfinder inside the camera... Does anyone have experience in cleaning the insides of these cameras?

You can try blowing off the underside of the pentaprism & mirror using a good quality blower bulb, but unless it's really bad, I would just leave it. It wont affect anything.

And whatever you do NOT try to clean the mirror!!!!!! No matter what the mirror might look like, do NOT touch it, with anything!

The specks are probably on the upper side of the viewfinder screen. The FG-20 screen in not a user-changeable type screen like in the higher-end Nikons of that era. Leave well enough alone, and just get used to the specks in the finder. Check this thread if you have doubts about the advive you've ben given in this thread. Cleaning my Nikon FG-20 - Photo.net Beginner Photography Questions Forum

If the pain is unbearable, just shop around for another FG or FG-20 body--cheap and plentiful. Otherwise,follow the hands-off approach suggested above.

Leave it alone

Most reactions

New Topics

Back