Nikon help

zoe08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photoartclub.net
I have a couple questions. First one starting with I have a Nikon D70 and I am thinking I should get a flash unit for it. What should I look for? Should I go for a 600 or 800? Will it make much of a difference? How much should I expect to pay?

Also my other question is on my D70 in the screen where it says how many shots I have, it says "r09" when I push the shutter button down part way. It still takes pictures fine and everything, but I don't remember it always doing this. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

"r09" Tells you how many shots you can fit in the memory buffer (for burts shots). If you change the quality of picture to "basic" for example, it will say r19.

The only, to me, valuable difference was that the SB800 allowed for rear curtain synch.

I have had this feature on my SB25, used with an F4s, for almost 20 years and used it twice.

If I need it again I'll just use film. For the difference in cost/size/weight I went with the SB600 and never looked back.

My $0.02. YMMV. I hope this helped.

LWW

The only reason you should buy the SB-800 is if you need rear curtain sync like what LWW said and if you need to use in full manual alot.

I have an SB-600 and i'm SO HAPPY that I didn't waste money on the SB-800, becuase I wouldn't of used the extra 'features' that just get in the way.

The 800 will also control other 800s and 600s in commander mode, has more power, a 5th battery, diffuser...rear curtain is not the only difference.
If you want the features the 800 offers, get it, if not the 600 will do. Check B&H Photo for prices.

For me, the differences didn't justify the price.

I dug up this thread because this "r09" has been showing up lately and it's really annoying! Is there a way to turn it off?

Why would you want to? If you are shooting a burst of shots it will count down the amount you have left. That way you don't have to worry about missing that once in a lifetime shot becuase your buffer was full...

I dug up this thread because this "r09" has been showing up lately and it's really annoying! Is there a way to turn it off?

just let go of the the shutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back