Nikon is dying?

Conservatism ought not be confused with complacency. COVID -19 has hurt many Japanese companies...if I recall correctly, Toyota said it has suffered a shortfall of 28 billion American dollars this quarter.

The NBA said its coronavirus shutdown, which began 11 March, has caused them a 12 billion dollar loss...in less than 8 weeks...

Conservatism ought not be confused with complacency. COVID -19 has hurt many Japanese companies...if I recall correctly, Toyota said it has suffered a shortfall of 28 billion American dollars this quarter.

The NBA said its coronavirus shutdown, which began 11 March, has caused them a 12 billion dollar loss...in less than 8 weeks...

We can recover from all of this. Maybe there will be a positive side to everything that is happening.

I think a large percentage of independent restaurants will close and never reopen.

Last edited:
Have not seen Q1 or Q2 financial info from any companies...only what I have heard on the radio.

Oh no!

Darn, now I'm going to have to trash my complete Nikon system, pray tell me, What brand of camera equipment is predicted as having a fiscally sound Q1-Q2?

Oh no!

Darn, now I'm going to have to trash my complete Nikon system, pray tell me, What brand of camera equipment is predicted as having a fiscally sound Q1-Q2?
The only one I know of is the one where you photo the paper and it shows next months news
Future photo plc I think makes them. The lockdown madness finally strikes lol

More news about Nikon from The Angry Photographer.

farewell to nikon and kodac film ! just use vintage cameras and fugi film (i used to by 100 ft. rolls of fugi). as kodac tryed to stop import of fugi. will we must carry on, sony cameras and dockumation of this horable Chiezze virus. LOL vin

Have a look here before dodging chunks of falling sky:

Nikon Warns of 'Extraordinary Losses' Due to COVID-19

I don't recall noticing 'ol Jabba Jr. having a column in the WSJ, do you? Doubt he could make sense of a financial statement at gunpoint.

Amazing what expertise can do when one reports on the news...I did not know that "extraordinary" had a financial meaning.

I don't recall noticing 'ol Jabba Jr. having a column in the WSJ, do you? Doubt he could make sense of a financial statement at gunpoint.
not nesusairly

not exactly gun point ------- ignor the gov.. many are. i walk around with a camera. whats the food like in the Seattle jail? vin

They just need to make more film cameras. :)

I did not know that "extraordinary" had a financial meaning.

On my side of the border, it doesn't among accountants aside from the dictionary definition. Sadly, Nikon hasn't seen bottom yet.

On my side of the border, it doesn't among accountants aside from the dictionary definition. Sadly, Nikon hasn't seen bottom yet.
Screenshot_20200515-014500_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200515-014426_Chrome.jpg

Just going by hyperlinks in the Petapixel piece you yourself posted cgw.Here are a couple of screencaps from the article _you_ linked us to, cgw.

Sounds as if you are unaware of financial disclosure terminology regarding "extraordinary " financial events (unless Canada has a wholly separate use of the word)....I assume that Investopedia knows what "extraordinary" means when it is used in regard to a financial disclosure. You posted a Petapixel article. But apparently you disagree with the very article you linked us to to bolster your point. Feel free to explain in "Canadian English" what extraordinary means in relation to financial disclosures.Would love to know how "on your side of the border" extraordinary means something besides what a finance and investing website says it means.

Last edited:

View attachment 191510

View attachment 191511

Just going by hyperlinks in the Petapixel piece you yourself posted cgw.Here are a couple of screencaps from the article _you_ linked us to, cgw.

Sounds as if you are unaware of financial disclosure terminology regarding "extraordinary " financial events (unless Canada has a wholly separate use of the word)....I assume that Investopedia knows what "extraordinary" means when it is used in regard to a financial disclosure. You posted a Petapixel article. But apparently you disagree with the very article you linked us to to bolster your point. Feel free to explain in "Canadian English" what extraordinary means in relation to financial disclosures.Would love to know how "on your side of the border" extraordinary means something besides what a finance and investing website says it means.

Chill. Canadian accounting standards differ on disclosure terminology. Simple. It's a qualitative term as the quoted material states. Have no idea whether your quoted material is AICPA based. Not certain there's really an axe to grind here. Can only say that Jabba Jr.'s take linked by the OP on Nikon's financials was over-the-top. Nikon, like other consumer imaging companies, is in for a rough ride.

Most reactions

Back