What's new

Nikon is slacking

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With all these Canon releases, some Sigma releases, and other manufacturers, when is Nikon going to introduce something new? I mean where is the D700 replacement, and the D3 replacement?
 
With all these Canon releases, some Sigma releases, and other manufacturers, when is Nikon going to introduce something new? I mean where is the D700 replacement, and the D3 replacement?

Have to agree it has been frustrating, but at same time I guess Nikon have had some real manufacturing disasters this year, TWO in fact! So this is probably the reason why. I do hope Nikon announce something soon though, just to show they are still pushing the game.
 
I mean, i'm not doubting Nikon in any way, it's just like ....come one, lets get going! I mean, the Canon 1Dx is a response to Nikon's D3s, so i can't wait to see what Nikon's rebuttal will be. Not so much in lenses, but definitely in the professional bodies.
 
I mean, i'm not doubting Nikon in any way, it's just like ....come one, lets get going! I mean, the Canon 1Dx is a response to Nikon's D3s, so i can't wait to see what Nikon's rebuttal will be. Not so much in lenses, but definitely in the professional bodies.

Well they are saying the new revolution is going to be 36 MEGAPIXELS? haha.
 
I mean, i'm not doubting Nikon in any way, it's just like ....come one, lets get going! I mean, the Canon 1Dx is a response to Nikon's D3s, so i can't wait to see what Nikon's rebuttal will be. Not so much in lenses, but definitely in the professional bodies.

Well they are saying the new revolution is going to be 36 MEGAPIXELS? haha.

For me, i'd rather have better ISO capability and FPS, as opposed to ridiculous amounts of pixels. I feel like such high pixels should be reserved for hasselbads, which are specifically for high MP, where as nikon and canon are more for high fps and iso capabilities. But maybe that's just me.
 
I mean, i'm not doubting Nikon in any way, it's just like ....come one, lets get going! I mean, the Canon 1Dx is a response to Nikon's D3s, so i can't wait to see what Nikon's rebuttal will be. Not so much in lenses, but definitely in the professional bodies.

Well they are saying the new revolution is going to be 36 MEGAPIXELS? haha.

For me, i'd rather have better ISO capability and FPS, as opposed to ridiculous amounts of pixels. I feel like such high pixels should be reserved for hasselbads, which are specifically for high MP, where as nikon and canon are more for high fps and iso capabilities. But maybe that's just me.

Yes I was being slightly sarcastic, I don't know what they are thinking to be honest with claims of 36MP. I really will be amazed if the D700 replacement has such a crazy amount of MP! I also hear the D400 will be using that god awful Noisy 24MP sensor the A77 is using??
 
Well you guys still have your flash commander system, that blows Canon out of that playing field. Except for the ISO characteristics and fps that the 1Dx supposedly has, the D3 is pretty much still up to par with it. To me the other features are negligble. So I'm thinking when Nikon does release the next flagship, I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint.
 
Well i would love for these speculations to be proved or disproved by nikon themselves!
 
Well you guys still have your flash commander system, that blows Canon out of that playing field. Except for the ISO characteristics and fps that the 1Dx supposedly has, the D3 is pretty much still up to par with it. To me the other features are negligble. So I'm thinking when Nikon does release the next flagship, I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint.

I highly doubt it'll disappoint. I'd just love to see it released.
 
However Canon does role out of the tongue a bit better...:lol:
 
I think Nikon is still pumping water out of the Thailand assembly plant....you know, the one that was flooded with six feet of water in October...and the Sendai, Japan plant, where the professional Nikon gear WAS made...uh...the Japanese pronounce it tsu-na-me, with more or less equal emphasis on all three syllables, according to a Japanese student I went to university with some years back..but I am sure our kvetching will get them to hurry up and get something out right away...like a harried chef, I suppose they'll throw some quick-fried prawns our way while we wait for our entrees...

I am not sure what Canon has actually "released"...they are really good at ANNOUNCING NEW PRODUCTS, in a vapor-ware type of maneuver...but those new superteles??? Still vapor, almost a year later...the new cinema lenses...not for sale...the 1DX...not actually being made yet...several other "development" announcements, but NO PRODUCTS...yet...and only months and months later, or six months in the future...gotta' get those photocopiers and inkjet printers made!!!
 
I think Nikon is still pumping water out of the Thailand assembly plant....you know, the one that was flooded with six feet of water in October...and the Sendai, Japan plant, where the professional Nikon gear WAS made...uh...the Japanese pronounce it tsu-na-me, with more or less equal emphasis on all three syllables, according to a Japanese student I went to university with some years back..but I am sure our kvetching will get them to hurry up and get something out right away...like a harried chef, I suppose they'll throw some quick-fried prawns our way while we wait for our entrees...

I am not sure what Canon has actually "released"...they are really good at ANNOUNCING NEW PRODUCTS, in a vapor-ware type of maneuver...but those new superteles??? Still vapor, almost a year later...the new cinema lenses...not for sale...the 1DX...not actually being made yet...several other "development" announcements, but NO PRODUCTS...yet...and only months and months later, or six months in the future...gotta' get those photocopiers and inkjet printers made!!!

No doubt about it, it has been a disastrous year for Nikon so not shocking they haven't announced any cameras yet. I can't imagine Nikon have had many years as testing as this one! But I guess in a way its how all of us are tuned now.. we are desperately seeking the latest and greatest technology? The consumer world is in full flourish! I'm as guilty of it as the next guy, I won't lie.
 
Derrel - the 300mm MII and 400mm II are on the market now (I dread visiting photography on the net these days - people over there actually have them!!) though the 500 and 600 are still on hold till end of this year early next (not sure on the date).
 
How is Nikon slacking?

Just checked Adorama for the sake of this post...The D3s is backordered. The D3x is backordered. The D700 is backordered. All of that means customers are still buying Nikon's older cameras faster than Nikon can make them...and yet, you want them to introduce something new? I understand your reasoning from a consumer standpoint, but as a manufacturer, why on earth would they come out with something new when their old stuff is selling faster than they can make it at prices close to what they introduced it at?

At this point, Nikon has zero reason to release a new professional level camera...

We have these threads every few weeks. The answer is still the same. As long as people continue to buy what they have already released faster than they can make them, Nikon will not introduce a new camera.

Nikon has been 'about to release' a new D800 for around two years now based on Rumors in the interwebs...Guess what, the D700 still sells faster than they can produce them.

At this point, it's a pipe dream to assume a D800 availability any time within the next 6 months.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom