Nikon lens DX - FX

High-iso is what the D700 excels at, right now there isn't a camera out there that performs better at high-iso.
Last I checked, the D3s outperformed the D700.

Fail.
How so? Seeing as the D700 uses the D3 sensor, and every noise test I've seen has shown the D3s as having at least a stop advantage over the D3, I would have to say that the D700 is outperformed at high ISO by the D3s.

Last I checked, the D3s outperformed the D700.

Fail.
How so? Seeing as the D700 uses the D3 sensor, and every noise test I've seen has shown the D3s as having at least a stop advantage over the D3, I would have to say that the D700 is outperformed at high ISO by the D3s.

edited: you're right, I was looking at the wrong files (D3 instead of D3s). The D3s appears to me to be about 0.5 stops better up to iso 6400, and about 1 stop better at 12800.

Last edited:
Ok, well nonetheless, both the D700 and the D3S are obviously great low-noise bodies but from just about every legit and thorough review on the planet will point out that the D3S is in fact better... it matters little...

The D7000 is by most accounts considered only 1 stop behind the D700... that's good news because it may mean that whatever replaced the D700 this year might very well have better noise performance than the D3s now - or perhaps everybit as good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back