Nikon Lens Price Jack?

JenKat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it just me, or are they jacking the price on Nikon lenses since the disasters in Japan? There's a couple lenses I had marked for reference that increased in price by like 100-150%... :grumpy:

I noticed it today too. The Nikkor 70-200 VRII is nearly $3,000 today!!!! WOW, it was $2150 a couple weeks ago.

Supplies are constrained. Economics 101.

*ding*

Speaking of which, I have a 70-200 2.8 VR2 here... only used twice. $2900. :)

Supplies are constrained. Economics 101.

*ding*

Speaking of which, I have a 70-200 2.8 VR2 here... only used twice. $2900. :)

Ill trade you this for it.

skunk.jpg

What's also interesting is the price ramp of the SB-600. I bought mine for $210, but they're going for over $240 on ebay and other used selling sites. I'm going to sell for $230 and upgrade to SB-700.

strange the 70-200 VR II is $2,199.99 here, seems like no price jacks.

strange the 70-200 VR II is $2,199.99 here, seems like no price jacks.

Maybe it's just the US. They like to jack prices... For example: Gas here is currently $3.89/gallon... ;)

I suspect some of the price jacks are because they no longer have any stock and are quoting the manufacturers full price for the items. I'd expect this to last a good month or more as even when the factories can resume manufacturing they'll have a long backlog to catch up on

EDIT - also remember some shops are going to jack the prices up on the last stock they have since they've got to survive trading whilst not getting any new stock for an unknown period of time. That might well drive some under if they can't budget for it or close trading and do reduced hours for some time

Last edited:
Sounds like a good reason to jump ship and switch to Canon to me...

:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back