Nikon Lens Question

Noah212

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently got a Nikon AF Nikkor 28-105mm lens and I love it. However, it is very difficult to get it perfectly focused when not using a tripod, as it will not auto focus when on my camera (Nikon D60). I was wondering if there is anything I can do about it without buying a new camera and if not, what cameras the lens can autofocus with.

Here's a link to a review that has lots of pictures of the Lens:

Nikon's AF Zoom Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5~4.5D IF MACRO wide-telephoto zoom lens

Thanks so much.

..... However, it is very difficult to get it perfectly focused when not using a tripod, as it will not auto focus when on my camera (Nikon D60).....
Chances are it is operator error. Not to worry, there is help.....

Last edited by a moderator:
..... However, it is very difficult to get it perfectly focused when not using a tripod, as it will not auto focus when on my camera (Nikon D60).....
Chances are it is operator error. Not to worry, there is help.....
[Video]

Thanks so much for the video. And yes, it is my lack of a perfect eye that I was referring to when I described the difficulty in getting a perfectly focussed shot. Also, am I correct in guessing that an autofocus lens get a more focussed picture than the human eye can? Thanks.

I'm so old that my birthstone is dirt. I don't trust my eyes anymore for focus, so AF is what works for me. My Nikon bodies have 51 focus points and I use the hell outta them.

I recently got a Nikon AF Nikkor 28-105mm lens and I love it. However, it is very difficult to get it perfectly focused when not using a tripod, as it will not auto focus when on my camera (Nikon D60). I was wondering if there is anything I can do about it without buying a new camera and if not, what cameras the lens can autofocus with.

Here's a link to a review that has lots of pictures of the Lens:

Nikon's AF Zoom Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5~4.5D IF MACRO wide-telephoto zoom lens

Thanks so much.
Just like an AF-S lens will illuminate the in-focus indicator in the viewfinder, so will the AF lens, when focus has been achieved.

In other words, the only part of the AF system missing, is the focus motor. Every other part of the AF system is there and still does it's job.

Most reactions

Back