Nikon N65 or Canon Rebel 2000?

MrTristan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been researching cameras and have narrowed it down to the Nikon N65 and Canon EOS Rebel 2000. Which do you guys recommend? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Tristan

Both will take equally good photos depending on the lenses you use. In the end it comes down to how they feel in your hands. Both Nikon and Canon have a plethora of lenses available.

Has Nikon decided to equip entry level SLRs with adjustable ISO yet? If not then buy Canon.

matt,

nikon has not eqiupped those cameras with that function. i still like nikon anything though...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
md

I like Nikon too, that's why this bugs me so much. I expect this kind of crap from Canon; just kidding!!!

i have a Canon Rebel (film cam) for almost 2 mths and i love it :D .. no complaints here... i paid $79 for it used ... the lenses are pretty good as well .. i say go for the Canon :D

Yeah i like Nikon, but i too have a Canon, and it works great. The manual ISO is a huge problem for me, especally when shooting some B&W films.
On my Canon i set the ISO to 64 when using 100sp T-Max and it makes all the difference in the darkroom. I am thinking about going down to ISO 50 though.
THe problem you will have is that most films aren't actually the speed they recommend on the box. They work at that speed but when you go to the darkroom to print, you have to use a high filter to get the right contrast. Doing this makes you lose a ton of detail in your final prints. This isn't always a bad thing, but it is annoying if you have to do it every time. If you set the ISO slower in the camera, then you get alitter more exposer and if set right you get the detail your looking for and less contrast added in the darkroom.
I would say it was my camera that has this problem, but i am noticing alot of people in class and that i know on the street having to lower the ISO to get their desired results.
Anyways back to the question. Having a manual ISO setting is an invaluable tool when it comes to getting the best picture straight from the camera.

I am curious though, What ISO do you usually use when shooting B&W
for Tmax 100 i use ISO 64
Tmax 400 i shoot at ISO 250
I haven't tried any other films yet, i have been happy so far with Tmax.
anyone else?

I have seen teh Rebel I am an amatuer is it really good for me if i started with that. I already have a Sony Mavica. I know that is no where close to being professional.

Let me know Cheers bye.

http://www.vijaysaki.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back