Nikon Nikkor Lens on Canon SLRs?

htkchen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cityofsolitude.com
Hey guys,

I don't think this is possible and I did a lot of research on it to reconfirm myself but wanted to be extra sure by asking it here. My cousin uses a pretty old Nikon SLR camera and have a lot of Nikkor lenses. He doesn't need those lenses and want to give them to me, but I have a Canon Digital Rebel. Is there anyway I can use the Nikkor lenses on my Digital Rebel with an adapter/converter?

Thanks!

Well, I have no idea. Best bet is either ask the shops or write letter to Canon and Nikon to confirm it.

Anys, I use a Nikon, so maybe he can give the lens to me! :p

no, you definitly cant use nikon lenses on a canon digital. you might be able to use them on the older canon cameras (fd mount) with some kind of adapter, but im not even sure about that. take the lenses sell them on ebay and use the money to buy canon lenses

Yes with the proper lens adapter ring, but it very difficult to find them, there was article in Shutterbug recently, I have it but need to find it

I'll try asking canon and maybe even Nikon, but verdict tells me it's very unlikely to find an adapter that would work. I'll let you guys know what I find. Thanks for your help!

It in the August issue, the website does not have the full review
The article list www.cameraquest.com as the only major US dealer.
The big drawback about this is that the lens will only work in manual, that includes opening the adapter

http://www.shutterbug.com/features/0804sb_vintage/

adapre2.jpg
adapre1.jpg

the canon digital rebel controls the apiture though the camera body not on the lens, even if you got it to fit using an adapter you would loose all features of your camera except full manual and im 99% sure the cameras light meter wouldnt work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back