What's new

Nikon or Canon and why

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter laurenvictoria
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minolta.



I'm just playing, but really, this is a pointless question. Both companies are so interlocked in commercial combat that they have basically become one in the same. It's just a matter of which name you feel like saying more. Canon can be cheaper on bodies, sometimes lenses, but there is rarely a real difference between the two. Looking into Sony, Fuji, Sigma, Olympus, etc, that is when you start seeing the playing field expanding in terms of functional differences.

Don't get locked into a process where you think one of these two companies holds the key to great photos, they just happen to be the biggest. I love what Sigma has done with the Foveon processor on their DSLRs, and Fuji is starting to make headway into the mess of giant imaging companies. Look for yourself and decide, thats the only real answer for this question.
 
Last edited:
why is this pointless? i want to know why some people just stick to nikon and some stick to canon
 
Once you buy into one system, it is more financially intelligent to stick with that system. When I move to FF however, I'm ditching Nikon and all my DX lenses. Don't know where I am going however, maybe a new Mamiya Medium Format system.
 
*locking thread as we do not allow brand wars on the site and from the, rather light, working of the opening post this that will just end up a brand war*

laurenvictoria - if you wish to ask advice as to which specific equipment you might well be best to invest in I recommend starting a fresh thread and putting additional content in the opening post. Detailing your current experiences, gear and methods as well as what you feel limited by with this system and where you intend to go with the upgraded gear. An idea of budget is also a key part - in other words give people something to work with, otherwise you'll only get empty advice without any focus on your situation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom